• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Welcome to the CN Forum - Come and introduce yourself

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
Greetings and salutations

I just wanted to say hello to all. While I have frequented Roadbike Review's forums for a number of years, I am new to these forums. RBR seems to be pretty quiet these days, so I am looking forward to a different experience and getting to chat (particularly about pro cycling) with new people.

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I'm a 24 year old student from the Netherlands. I have been watching cycling on television since the late nineties.
My father was interested in it and I started to watch with him. The fact that both my parents worked for the Dutch bank that used to sponsor a team helped with that interest. I discovered the forum a few months ago. I have now decided to join in as I think it will be fun with all the different people here

Greetings,

Ursus

Re:

Ursus said:
Hello everyone,

I'm a 24 year old student from the Netherlands. I have been watching cycling on television since the late nineties.
My father was interested in it and I started to watch with him. The fact that both my parents worked for the Dutch bank that used to sponsor a team helped with that interest. I discovered the forum a few months ago. I have now decided to join in as I think it will be fun with all the different people here

Greetings,

Ursus
Welcome to the CN Forums Ursus!

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers :)

Re: Greetings and salutations

rashadabd said:
I just wanted to say hello to all. While I have frequented Roadbike Review's forums for a number of years, I am new to these forums. RBR seems to be pretty quiet these days, so I am looking forward to a different experience and getting to chat (particularly about pro cycling) with new people.
Welcome to the forum! :)

Nov 10, 2017
Visit site
Hello to you all!

I'm a 28 year old American living in Seattle and have been a big time JV - team Slipstream fan since I watched since the wasp sting in 2001. You can look forward to me defending him against the usual bad mouthing. Call me naive, but I do NOT believe that every rider is doped, though I would still be watching even if they all were.

This is my first venture in a cycling forum, long time lurker first time poster.

Sue

Nov 10, 2017
Visit site
How does someone get an avatar? I try to put up a picture to my avatar profile setting and it is disable? I have to pay for it? I can give my paypal if necessary but I do not see a cart to pay at.

Re:

Sue White said:
Hello to you all!

I'm a 28 year old American living in Seattle and have been a big time JV - team Slipstream fan since I watched since the wasp sting in 2001. You can look forward to me defending him against the usual bad mouthing. Call me naive, but I do NOT believe that every rider is doped, though I would still be watching even if they all were.

This is my first venture in a cycling forum, long time lurker first time poster.

Sue
Welcome to the CN forum! :)

Re:

Sue White said:
Does anyone know why I would be unable to post in another area? It gives info that post will be viewed. raviewd or something like that.
New member comments are moderated before they're posted to the general forum. This is a SPAM countermeasure that we had to implement to keep SPAM from overrunning the forum.

After a certain amount of posts, your comments will not need to be verified.

Re:

Sue White said:
How does someone get an avatar? I try to put up a picture to my avatar profile setting and it is disable? I have to pay for it? I can give my paypal if necessary but I do not see a cart to pay at.
You can upload an avatar for free, we don't charge money but the avatar you upload has a maximum size of 150x150 pixels. You can use MS Paint to resize whatever avatar you're trying to upload.

I have to check for sure but I think you have to have a minimum of 10 comments before you can upload an avatar.

:)

Nov 10, 2017
Visit site
Re: Re:

Irondan said:
Sue White said:
You can upload an avatar for free, we don't charge money but the avatar you upload has a maximum size of 150x150 pixels. You can use MS Paint to resize whatever avatar you're trying to upload.

I have to check for sure but I think you have to have a minimum of 10 comments before you can upload an avatar.

Thank you Irondan. I can't wait to get my avatar. Is there a rule about what areas we can post in as new users? I have lurked here so long and some topics off limits without membership time?

Re: Re:

Sue White said:
Irondan said:
Sue White said:

Thank you Irondan. I can't wait to get my avatar. Is there a rule about what areas we can post in as new users? I have lurked here so long and some topics off limits without membership time?
No, there's no rule about where you can post as a new member.

The only reason that your comments weren't moderated in this thread is because it's excluded from the new member moderation process for people to post if they have issues when starting out.

Dec 19, 2017
Visit site
My first message is to say hello to everyone.
I am a cycling fan of the Basque Country in Spain. I have been cycling for many years and visiting Cyclingnews to inform me about news
It's my first year with you in the forum.
También saludo a mis colega!!!!

Jan 21, 2018
Visit site
Been a Lurker around here the last few years and decided not to create an account till today. But good chance I won't use it all that often unless I decide to engage in a conversation somewhere.

TRENDING THREADS