• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Why are UK riders now more successful?

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
spetsa said:
+1
In am sure that Sky"s official stance will fall somewhere along the lines of " It's a wonderful place to bring the family along for training."

Any word on who is there with him?

Michael Rogers, Chris Froome, Konstantin Siutsou, Christian Knees and Richie Porte team mates.

Dont know how many doctors or pharmacists, but the island is probably crawling with the creatures.

:D

On the Telegraph's Bradley Wiggins exclusive photo gallery

He seems slightly at odds with his team mates, like in:

#2 where he seems to have been dropped
#9 where he seems to have dropped Sky.

Meanwhile the one below seems a bit like a Wigstrong pose :cool:
wigs14_BenCawthra2_2226887k.jpg

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Michael Rogers, Chris Froome, Konstantin Siutsou, Christian Knees and Richie Porte team mates.

Dont know how many doctors or pharmacists, but the island is probably crawling with the creatures.

:D

Thanks. Froome was the one that I was curious about. I am sure that we will see miracles come July. Oh yeah, I forgot....he is just an emerging talent.:rolleyes:

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
helps that they are a tunnel ride away from the continent.

I give DB respect for the professionalism he inculcated at GB cycling. Dont buy too much into his talking point re: "The aggregation of marginal gains." Just weasal word burt speak.

They are professional. enough said about that. Two elements to the professionalism. One appropriate forum here.

Wiggins was not a great rider on the road before he turned it on at the Giro with Chipotle.

And most of the current crop, where coming thru the system before he won his gold in Athens.

They will be the number one team, within a decade, because they have the economics and the pipeline. Think Tmobile Germany with Ullrich.

So respect to that. But lets not kid ourselves, they dont play the game the way others do, because they do the same.

Ethics dont matter in cycling, only one thing matters in professional sport. The win. Even more so than the amateur Olympic era, because it allowed the athletes with resources to marshall economics in their favour. If Armstrong was a ruthless alpha sociopath from slovenia, he never would have been able to position himself in the marketplace with a cancer narrative, and to use the economic resources to underwrite his champion career.

Tens of thousands of European cyclists have been travelling to Tenerife for training camps before Armstrong had even realised Europe existed.

Its cheap, has very little traffic, good climate, and has a steady gradient 2000+m climb.

If I wanted a place under the radar, to dope in private, I wouldn't go to the place that most peope associate with Ferrari.
If I wanted an ideal training environment, I certainly would.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
A remote location with an empty hotel means lots of things. They can do what they want with no one watching and the can see very quickly if anyone arrives.

TeamSky are doing what other teams who have used this operation, doping preparation.

"Training hard to race easy", boy does that scream PEDing the training to get the bodies ability up to race better and not test positive because the PEDs have been used to train the body beyond its natural limit.

Lemond tried that without the PEDs and rode himself to exhaustion.

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
andy1234 said:
Tens of thousands of European cyclists have been travelling to Tenerife for training camps before Armstrong had even realised Europe existed.

Its cheap, has very little traffic, good climate, and has a steady gradient 2000+m climb.

If I wanted a place under the radar, to dope in private, I wouldn't go to the place that most peope associate with Ferrari.
If I wanted an ideal training environment, I certainly would.

Not just Ferrari....

http://www.tenerife-training.net/Foro-Ciclismo/viewtopic.php?p=418#418

Benotti69 said:
A remote location with an empty hotel means lots of things. They can do what they want with no one watching and the can see very quickly if anyone arrives.

TeamSky are doing what other teams who have used this operation, doping preparation.
"Training hard to race easy", boy does that scream PEDing the training to get the bodies ability up to race better and not test positive because the PEDs have been used to train the body beyond its natural limit.

Lemond tried that without the PEDs and rode himself to exhaustion.

Links please?

May 26, 2010
Visit site