• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour dFrance Stage 12 Lannemazan - Plat de Beille 195km

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

rm7 said:
What a borefest. I totally get that there's a long way between the last two climbs, but why not put a bit pressure on the descent???? Ride the descent from front, Moviestar! Seriosly, this is ridicolous.

They are all waiting for the alps.
Tinkoff and movistar should have (more) riders up front to even consider something. If they attack now they allready know Sky has 7 riders chasing them... So that's pointless. Unless they had mates upfront.

Still I would've let my team descend on the front. Bit more pressure atleast.

Re: 2015 Tour dFrance Stage 12 Lannemazan - Plat de Beille 1

DBotero said:
Arredondo said:
DBotero said:
Uran already lost +3 min :(

I think it's better to abandon and rest. I has been a tough year for Rigo.

In the rest day he was so confident that i really believed he'll do well.Time to pack up,no way he'll get a stage win in this shape.
He always is confident. Cannot trust what these cyclists say.
He need to refocus for next year. Start planning ahead a different training strategy.

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I dont know man. Is this Tour boring or what. I guess to be fair, for the past few years, road cycling at the GTs has all been more or less the same, except when a couple of well know characters choose to animate it. Otherwise, its always almost all day every day high tempo riding and attack (which is in any case slightly higher tempo) in the last 2km or 5 km or at most 7 km. Boring as *****.

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Re:

rm7 said:
What a borefest. I totally get that there's a long way between the last two climbs, but why not put a bit pressure on the descent???? Ride the descent from front, Moviestar! Seriosly, this is ridicolous.
Froome only needs to descend at a comfortable pace for him... If Movistar take extra risks, they're not going to gain a lot of time compared to what they need, and they'll only be pegged back in the valley anyway.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

outnumbered said:
rm7 said:
Froome only needs to descend at a comfortable pace for him... If Movistar take extra risks, they're not going to gain a lot of time compared to what they need, and they'll only be pegged back in the valley anyway.
if they got rid off sky domestics except Thomas and Porte there would have been a chance in the valley as they Have Izaguirre in the break, but Unzue says *** you all :rolleyes:

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

sunnyIce said:
I dont know man. Is this Tour boring or what. I guess to be fair, for the past few years, road cycling at the GTs has all been more or less the same, except when a couple of well know characters choose to animate it. Otherwise, its always almost all day every day high tempo riding and attack (which is in any case slightly higher tempo) in the last 2km or 5 km or at most 7 km. Boring as shite.
The Tour is more often than not like this IME, where there's a clearly dominant rider and the others end up defending potential podium positions. You need to be able to take some interest in the stage results, or you're right, it's pretty boring...