• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour dFrance Stage 12 Lannemazan - Plat de Beille 195km

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I dont get this nonsense. You can bet that almost 100% of the time that the team members of all teams (except Sky) never make it into the last 10kms of a MTF anyways. In any form or strength speak of. Almost everytime in the last 3 years, the Team leader has anyways been isolated. So why dont these guys attack much earlier on? Create some panic, chaos in the skytrain. I can count on 1 hand how many times this has happened in all the stages in the last 3 years put together.

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: 2015 Tour dFrance Stage 12 Lannemazan - Plat de Beille 1

[quote="
The Tour is more often than not like this IME, where there's a clearly dominant rider and the others end up defending potential podium positions. You need to be able to take some interest in the stage results, or you're right, it's pretty boring...[/quote]

Yeah its crazy irritating. Esp when sitting in front of a tv for 2-3 hrs. Aargh.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm so glad NBC Sports reminds me in the adverts of the dangers of smoking. A really important cause. It's such a huge problem in the cycling community.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Eclipse said:
Probably the most disappointing stage of the season.

Only hope is that something dramatic like Froome blowing up happens. Even then it'll have been a frustratingly dull day

You expected something with this route and sky's strength?

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Like I said, I don't expect them to make gaps or anything, but they have to put pressure on, so SKY aren't so comfortable. I'm not hoping Froome will crash or anything, but if he take a turn the wrong way, he would shake in his boots all the way down. It could be a mental factor later en race too!

They can't put pressure on the climbs, because SKY are stronger, so they have to do it on the descent.

Re: Re:

Miburo said:
Eclipse said:
Probably the most disappointing stage of the season.

Only hope is that something dramatic like Froome blowing up happens. Even then it'll have been a frustratingly dull day

You expected something with this route and sky's strength?

At a certain point though the others can't just be satisfied with sitting behind the Sky train, since this is playing right into Froome's hands.

If the others want to at least try to shake things up, they'll have to do more at some point. This of course entails taking a risk, but at this point not taking a risk is sure to produce nothing good either.

Tinkoff is seriously stupid.
Why not get Rogers, Majka (can get next 3 days for rest so he could give it all and rip this field apart, plus wouldnt have to work much with this size of a break) in the break. They would have won this stage easily + KOM.
It is not like they will be setting a pace against Sky or Movistar.....
And it is Sky that's criticized for their tactics....

Re:

rm7 said:
Like I said, I don't expect them to make gaps or anything, but they have to put pressure on, so SKY aren't so comfortable. I'm not hoping Froome will crash or anything, but if he take a turn the wrong way, he would shake in his boots all the way down. It could be a mental factor later en race too!

They can't put pressure on the climbs, because SKY are stronger, so they have to do it on the descent.

There a huge flat before the climb how are you supposed to put them under pressure and not expect them to ttt back on on the flat? Complete waste of energy by any team.

damian13ster said:
Tinkoff is seriously stupid.
Why not get Rogers, Majka (can get next 3 days for rest so he could give it all and rip this field apart, plus wouldnt have to work much with this size of a break) in the break. They would have won this stage easily + KOM.
It is not like they will be setting a pace against Sky or Movistar.....
And it is Sky that's criticized for their tactics....
Majka has spent himself yesterday. Rogers maybe.