• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2023 Giro d'Italia, Stage 9: Savignano sul Rubicone – Cesena 35 km ITT (Sunday, May 14th)

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Some pics

FwG1iXJWIAEIdAZ

FwG3A-XWcAEOHOo

FwG0KR4WAAA8dcb

FwGeVr3XgAIMIDC

FwGrKOzWYAEYNVV

More so, it's to be expected that new TT regulations would relatively favour some riders, even if it wasn't easy to predict beforehand who.

I just went through some of his TT-results in the past 5-6 seasons and he has tbf finished inside the top 20 quite a few times.

He probably didnt start from zero and became a TT-monster overnight is my point. It is probably a combination of form and improving his TT. Add new regulations, as you mention, that might benefit him and voila.

In the Giro he won he finished 126th (lol) in the first one, then 13th and 13th.

8th in the ITT in the Vuelta last season.

He might obviously be in his best form that he has ever been in, so maybe the result today shouldnt be a "shock" to anyone even though many might not have seen it coming. He did however finish 4th in the first one, so a good result today was a possibility and he delivered.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I just went through some of his TT-results in the past 5-6 seasons and he has tbf finished inside the top 20 quite a few times.

He probably didnt start from zero and became a TT-monster overnight is my point. It is probably a combination of form and improving his TT. Add new regulations, as you mention, that might benefit him and voila.

In the Giro he won he finished 126th (lol) in the first one, then 13th and 13th.

He might obviously be in his best form that he has ever been in, so maybe the result today shouldnt be a "shock" to anyone even though many might not have seen it coming. He did however finish 4th in the first one, so a good result today was a possibility and he delivered.
Tao hasn't ridden the 1st TT of the 2020 Giro d'Italia properly according to his feature on rouleur.cc earlier this year.

Reactions: Salvarani
Why???? He thinks his poop doesn't stink and he's the best. Well he was, by 1 second. He's wearing pink and since he's so good why feel sorry for him?
I don't buy into stories like these. The guy is clearly under immense pressure and banged up from crashes. I don't even have to like him to have empathy with him </3
@Lequack I don't know how to add multiquote but this is answer to your comment too :)

Reactions: Sandisfan

Granted, but already in Tour of the Alpes he proved he was hitting top form at the right moment. Still, it's fair to say his performance today was exceptional. If he goes on to demonstrate he has the engine for a third week rally, as when he won it, the Giro is decidedly within his grasp. Putting 15 secs into Roglic, an Olympic TT gold medalist, is noteworthy, to say the least.

Last edited:
here come the belgian doctors
Apparently as a doctor I need to diagnose you with severe reading dissability.

the statement:
"
Very close everyone at the end....

If Remco doesn't recover he is dead meat for this giro. F this is due to his crash, it was very costly!
"

Lets decipher for you:

"Very close everyone at the end...."
This means that the differences between the riders at the end were very small.

"If Remco doesn't recover he is dead meat for this giro."
If remco doesn't improve, he is not going to win this Giro

"F this is due to his crash, it was very costly!"
If this was due to his crash, it was a costly thing.

I hope this helped. Otherwise go to a real docter and clearly exlain your reading dissabilities.

Save me looking it up: what is the gap between Evenepoel and you?

Ha ha very funny etc. etc. rolling on floor laughing etc.

Funny Giro eh.

Just check Roglic's gap...

And that gap will soon disappear. I hope.

Seriously though what a day of emotions, i.e. a literal rollercoaster.

I was in full coping mode doing the maths (a loss of 1:30? It looked possible) when I heard Rog had started to take time back versus Remco at the second split. What a day. 17 seconds is nothing & proves yesterday's effort worth 14 seconds was totally worth it.

Reactions: JosefK
I don't buy into stories like these. The guy is clearly under immense pressure and banged up from crashes. I don't even have to like him to have empathy with him </3
@Lequack I don't know how to add multiquote but this is answer to your comment too :)
You obviously haven't listened to his rants :)
And where are all these banged up bandages? I've never seen one. I totally respect and am sometimes awed by his obvious talent. But he behaves like a prima donna 12 year old and it really turns me off. I admire your empathy :).

Reactions: Blanco and BR2

TRENDING THREADS