• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1558 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

Carols said:
portugal11 said:
Carols said:
Miburo said:
2 weeks of full rest became 1 week (prob even less) so he's doing really good.

Source? Specifics? Or are you just making that up? :D
He posted a video on instagram

Thanks! So he made it 1 week!

"First bike ride, very soft and With some discomfort but happy to start riding."

He just cannot obey doctors orders!

In fairness, he did say right there and then (during the conference) that he wasn't going to do what the doctor told him aka the two weeks of absolute rest. Alberto said he needs to maintain his fitness, doesn't want to lose his muscle fitness; so said he was going to do whatever possible to arrive fit at La Vuelta, be it doing short and light rides or just spinning the legs on the rollers.

sacrifice&hardwork said:
Carols said:
portugal11 said:
Carols said:
Miburo said:
2 weeks of full rest became 1 week (prob even less) so he's doing really good.

Source? Specifics? Or are you just making that up? :D
He posted a video on instagram

Thanks! So he made it 1 week!

"First bike ride, very soft and With some discomfort but happy to start riding."

He just cannot obey doctors orders!

In fairness, he did say right there and then (during the conference) that he wasn't going to do what the doctor told him aka the two weeks of absolute rest. Alberto said he needs to maintain his fitness, doesn't want to lose his muscle fitness; so said he was going to do whatever possible to arrive fit at La Vuelta, be it doing short and light rides or just spinning the legs on the rollers.

I missed that, I don't understand Spanish :)

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
@ Carols:

It is easy for words to get lost in translation. Already read a couple of tweets were people are acting as if he's lying when it was the doctor who said he needs the four weeks of recovery. And some of them where even from Spanish speaking people! So it's all good! :)

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
After the big disappointment in the Tour I'm excited for the Vuelta. This will be just like in 2014 guys, the form is still there. I will be at the podium in Madrid when the man Guillen hands him his 4th Vuelta. :D

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Re:

arvc40 said:
My God, Cycling needs Contador, just to be in the race makes it better

Why? Contador is absolutely done. He has been getting destroyed by Froome year after year. Injury or not, he would be destroyed by Froome. What I'd like to see is prime Froome versus Prime Lance Armstrong. That's the only way Froome gets competition. Not impossible to do, just need a Delorion, Michael J. Fox, and an old white guy who doesn't dye his hair black.

SilentAssassin said:
arvc40 said:

Why? Contador is absolutely done. He has been getting destroyed by Froome year after year. Injury or not, he would be destroyed by Froome. What I'd like to see is prime Froome versus Prime Lance Armstrong. That's the only way Froome gets competition. Not impossible to do, just need a Delorion, Michael J. Fox, and an old white guy who doesn't dye his hair black.

Well, a 2009 Alberto Contador would be great too. I can see the 3 of them sprinting up Alpe d'huez or Ventoux.

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

SilentAssassin said:
arvc40 said:

You shouldn't have any problems coming up with a time machine, seems you are already in possession of a Crystal ball !

I think its fair to assume peak Schleck and Contador were on par climbing wise with peak Froome (2009 Ventoux vs. 2013 Ventoux), but to actually win they would have a hard time too. (superior Sky Team, Froome killing it on the flats, the short uphill finishes and the timetrials)