• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
classicomano said:
the Inner Ring @inrng · 38m

No Tour de France for Carlos Betancur, he will target the Vuelta and World Championships instead says @HectorUCiclismo

Illness it seems- "cytomegalovirus" is the version running around.

basically half season off to get healthy, serious and bounce back at La Vuelta....

Get well Ronca...

Escarabajo said:
Chances are is the overweight illness.

From what folks are saying, yes. But that's probably symptomatic of larger motivation and self-discipline issues. He seems like somebody who would benefit from living on the same continent as his coach and team managers and fellow riders, to say the least. He should move into Samuel Dumoulin's garage or something.

classicomano said:
So apparently he caught the herp. Keep on partying hard bro.

Um...say what now? :confused: Are you saying there's been a report that Betancur has picked up an STD? :eek::eek::eek:

Never mind, I looked it up. I don't think cytomegalovirus is "the herp" that I was thinking of, given that it may be present in up to 90% of all adults worldwide.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
IndianCyclist said:
Riders want to to the TDF with sickness/broken bones yet Betancur cannot be bothered and does not give any intimation of what has happened to his team. Simply Unprofessional.

it's unprofessional of ag2r to leak information to the media about one of your riders. now betancurt has given them a taste of their own medicin. he won't ride with ag2r anymore for sure now. and next year any team could get him if they know how.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
(Type) HHV-5
(Synonym) Cytomegalovirus (CMV)
(Subfamily) β (Beta)
(Primary target cell)Monocyte, lymphocyte, and epithelial cells
(Pathophysiology)Infectious mononucleosis-like syndrome, retinitis, etc.
(Site of latency) Monocyte, lymphocyte
(Means of spread) Saliva, urine, breast milk etc

via Wiki
edit: doesnt look good at all

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Kwibus said:
Oh yes it's definately ag2r fault. *sigh*

what kind of idiots are you when you run a team and your best paid leader is lazy and you give him all the freedom to do nothing in his home country? you panick and you start playing out information in the media. if one thign ag2r show here how incompetent they are. from betancurt we already knew.

Ryo Hazuki said:
what kind of idiots are you when you run a team and your best paid leader is lazy and you give him all the freedom to do nothing in his home country? you panick and you start playing out information in the media. if one thign ag2r show here how incompetent they are. from betancurt we already knew.

They couldn't get any contact with their rider for over a week. It's actually pretty smart to use the media to find someone.
Last year Betancur performed fine with the same freedom so ag2r didnt have a reason to keep under control more. Now they have.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Kwibus said:
They couldn't get any contact with their rider for over a week. It's actually pretty smart to use the media to find someone.
Last year Betancur performed fine with the same freedom so ag2r didnt have a reason to keep under control more. Now they have.

yes they did contatc him but he simply said he wouldn't go to france yet and last year betancurt performed horribly with the same freedom, just see anything after his giro

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
gmedina said:
It seems fat cat will be back for La Vuelta, but not at his top condition. Also, he says he wants to go back to the Giro and this is his last season with AG2R http://www.hora13noticias.tv/index.php/deportes/8897-carlos-betancur-se-prepara-para-vuelta-a-espana
Like I said in the other thread,he looks in impressive shape:rolleyes:
edit: Im so fvcked about his mentality (otoh I like it in personal life),he could have been up there with Nairo as the most talented rider of this generation

btw I dont think its a bad idea to ride Giro,but depends on Tour parcours.

ILovecycling said:
Like I said in the other thread,he looks in impressive shape:rolleyes:
edit: Im so fvcked about his mentality (otoh I like it in personal life),he could have been up there with Nairo as the most talented rider of this generation

btw I dont think its a bad idea to ride Giro,but depends on Tour parcours.
I don't think is a bad idea to ride the Giro either. But not after you have chickened out from the Tour. It tells you something about his personality.

TRENDING THREADS