• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 547 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So the plot all along was to spread rumours on how Rogla is too old now and clearly behind and *** like that. JV finally gave in to such insinuations and now, all of the sudden, everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives. Chose wisely Primož and Tour here we come!

But for now Emilia is it.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I personally think Bora has the money. Lidl-Trek spent a lot of money. If Ineos doesn't work out I think Bora-Hansgrohe ist the best team for him. Hansgrohe put the same or even more money into Bora then Lidl into Trek according to some insiders. Lidl wanted to go to Bora first but hansgrohe wanted to stay.

I personally think Bora has the money. Lidl-Trek spent a lot of money. If Ineos doesn't work out I think Bora-Hansgrohe ist the best team for him. Hansgrohe put the same or even more money into Bora then Lidl into Trek according to some insiders. Lidl wanted to go to Bora first but hansgrohe wanted to stay.
not sure what the bora & specialized deal is, but with cervelo being left out in the cold maybe they tag along with roglic.

Guaranteed sole leader at the TDF whilst the 2nd tier head to the Giro or Vuelta

Maybe they could make an arrangement where he gets to do the Tour, but he'll ride for a different team each stage? Then there would be 21 teams to split the bill and he'd get much more money out of it, plus a lot more teammates.
Would it be randomised order or he can choose which teams to run for on which stage? You don't want to be riding for cofidis on the 30km flat ITT

Would it be randomised order or he can choose which teams to run for on which stage? You don't want to be riding for cofidis on the 30km flat ITT

It might be the team that's willing to pay the most to get him for that sole stage. A team like Cofidis should probably go all in on having him on stage one in the hope that people will think of him as being a Cofidis rider during the rest of the race.

If Rogla will switch teams, from overall dramatics point of view, it can only be Ineos. And then to win the Tour with Ineos in 2024. This could only be matched by something like signing for Eolo Kometa and to win the Tour in 2024 with EK.

But obviously real life is a different story. All sort of interests involved. For example i am not sure Remco is all that keen on riding for JV. So behind the scenes likely all this scenarios with different riders and teams are in the talks.

Rogla wants to be sole leader at the Tour in at least the next two seasons. In a team that can offer him good support.

Current team doesn't want to provide that any more, due to other interests, so he must look elsewhere. For current team then best to sign Remco, as if Jonas drops in form, motivation ... They can quickly land in 0 GT's won per season.

All in all i am in it for Rogla. So hopefully when the cards get dealt, he will be in a good position to win again.

Until then best to annihilate in Italy!

But there is one team which is currently in desperate need of someone with Roglič's abilities.

Aupa, Primožeki Roglixč!

F7MIcizXsAAfVwL