• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Fabio Aru discussion thread

Page 60 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
He can't be that bad, the performance he made on this Tour edition. A below average rider in peloton will do better.

Hence hope they figure out what the real reasons are and address them appropriately. Aru should be peaking now, considering age, watching him like that is painful.

I agree, that was not just "I am in bad shape", looked like medical problems not yet found / adressed properly.

Oyxsrg5.png

Well there was really no other option on the table after the way he abandoned the Tour and Saronni's statements.
As for next year, there are colossal question marks on him as a professional rider at this point. I struggle to think of a WT team that would take a flyer on him even at a tenth of his current salary.
An Italian PCT team is still the most probable solution, but even at that level they will want some sort of reassurances on his health and current shape.

There is something wrong with him. He sometimes shows sparks of greatness and then all of a sudden he disappears!
Of course his health problems must have had big impact, but I have a feeling that there probably is a lot of problems for him on the mental aspect also. And of course, the could possibly be issues that shall not be discussed here, but rather in the clinic.

Reactions: SafeBet