• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Fabio Aru discussion thread

Page 58 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

SafeBet said:
Riding the Tour sounds like a terrible idea to me. Stressful flat stages + shape is not there yet + too much media attention, I don't like it.
Should ride Adriatica Ionica, Poland and/or Burgos to prepare for the Vuelta.
This, he probably also lacks the base to do anything after potentially riding himself into shape in the Tour. I guess that means that Gaviria won't be able to start because of his knee problems.
Still, it's not a good idea.

Re:

staubsauger said:
Personally I wouldn't rush him into a Tour de France participation and stress him out. Especially because he already showed quite promising shape in Switzerland. No need really to risk too much too early IMHO.

No way should Fab Fabio do TdF - watching him at TdS should have been enough.

Re: Re:

Robert5091 said:
staubsauger said:
Personally I wouldn't rush him into a Tour de France participation and stress him out. Especially because he already showed quite promising shape in Switzerland. No need really to risk too much too early IMHO.

No way should Fab Fabio do TdF - watching him at TdS should have been enough.

Why is that? If he's cleared to race by the docs, and his preparation is at least nice considering his TdS results...
He's got a chance of winning a stage.
Considering he's a pro rider and his team clearly needs him to grab something at the most important race in the calendar...

TRENDING THREADS