• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Floyd Explains How to Beat the Passport

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
wow - I can't believe the detail and extent of the delusion. I always thought he was a bit of an ordinary guy, but to fabricate something that intricate I guess he is a lot smarter and more devious than I gave him credit for :rolleyes:

thanks for the link.

thehog said:
Having cancer should did pay big.

The way this is reading I can't see how Armstrong realistically ride the Tour this year. I'll just be looking at him and think he's doping. He's still doping today. It would be a joke if they allow him to race.

Also appears Floyd has a lot more to say and there's more to come. Its getting more and more interesting by the day.

This is true what you say, and really, I don't mean to sound obsessed about this one particular detail but I believe nothing much will come out of all this information unless another witness talks about the organized doping program at Postal/Disco.

Whatever Floyd says is not enough. He's just one guy right now. We need to hear from others who can verify his statements. The sooner this happens, then it would be reasonable to conclude that the probability of Armstrong riding the Tour this year will be ZERO. Until then, I think he feels he has nothing to worry about.

ggusta said:
Maybe a cycling jersey would be more relevant, with the t shirt we'd have to give long sermons to non cyclists who don't care and are soon sorry they asked.

Haha. I explained the whole 'Armstrong doped' story to my gran before when she overheard Harmon talking about it on Eurosport today. She kinda lost interest when I was trying to explain the values from last year's Tour, but was somewhat surprised about all the evidence.

HiTex38 said:
YYou just can't debate the issue.

I debated it with you time and again. Both in private, and in the open now. And every time you fail to address the questions I present you, and instead divert the conversation to something about you, or whine and snivel about how it's not fair that you're not welcomed to a private website and forum that is owned, operated and paid for by someone else.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
HiTex38 said:
Only protour teams are in the biopassport.

But as you rightly point out, Landis information really rests on knowing when the testers are coming. I doubt any team has that special arrangment now. RaceRadio said Lance doesn't have that anymore - and he's the expert.

Also it's pretty hard to do intravenous on your own if you want to do it properly. I wonder how practical that is.

As I first said, I think Landis has sexed this up a bit to try to be relevant to the blood passport after everyone in the sport is asking what the point is of going back eight years. That's why he PR people will have told him to link it to the biopassport in some way. A nice couple of quotes for his pals at ESPN to keep him in the game.

This is how it works. It's not just Lance who does media management.

Awww you were almost right but no EPO for you bad Tex885732856.

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Interesting read.

I think there are more to come as well.

And is it just me or are even the trolling fan boys starting to accept the truth? There is hardly the same amounts of them these days anyway. Sure the odd nut ball now and again but it was much worse before.

sida-mot said:
Interesting read.

I think there are more to come as well.

And is it just me or are even the trolling fan boys starting to accept the truth? There is hardly the same amounts of them these days anyway. Sure the odd nut ball now and again but it was much worse before.

Actually, it's the same odd nut ball, over and over...

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Floyd is an *** for basically giving a public lecture on how to beat drug testing, imo...

If the Bio-passport means riders can't dope as much as they otherwise would, then it is a helpful tool in the fight against doping.

"We always knew when the blood testers were going to be there the following morning, so we would know when to have the saline solution bags so we could dilute our blood the night before," he said. He said he did not know how the team staff got wind of the schedule. "It was just nice that they did," he said.

Shouldn't have mattered if the bio-passport is useless, no?

Colm.Murphy said:
From the way I am reading it, the concept of intravenously taking EPO, and the volume of EPO that technique allows, undercuts the "micro-dosing" concept. These are not "micro-doses" they appear to be "macro-doses" or "mega-doses".

If you can take a larger quantity of EPO, and it increases the blood volume, this allows for less drop-off of the markers being watched on the Bio-Passport.

If taking EPO this way means a shorter testing window, then riders are far less concerned about the EPO test.

Basically, it sounds like Landis has given them the info they have been missing.

No, the only way you're gonna get away with it is if you micro-dose IV. A normal dose IV wont clear your system fast enough (detectable for 24 hours according to the BALCO guy), nor will a subcutaneous micro dose. IV>SC and the difficulty detecting micro-dosing has been known for years.

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Tyler'sTwin said:
Floyd is an *** for basically giving a public lecture on how to beat drug testing, imo...

If the Bio-passport means riders can't dope as much as they otherwise would, then it is a helpful tool in the fight against doping.

Shouldn't have mattered if the bio-passport is useless, no?

No, the only way you're gonna get away with it is if you micro-dose IV. A normal dose IV wont clear your system fast enough (detectable for 24 hours according to the BALCO guy), nor will a subcutaneous micro dose. IV>SC and the difficulty detecting micro-dosing has been known for years.

Hold on a moment. Here is Floyd, explaining his technique, taking much more EPO than anyone would have thought (especially considering the micro-dosing theory), via IV injection, and NOT testing positive, for years.

So, you consider his account wrong and a BALCO "guy" to be correct?

A

Anonymous

...yea, because Floyd Lecturing all the guys who are beating the Passport by these methods obviously need to be told how to beat the Passport:rolleyes:

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
...yea, because Floyd Lecturing all the guys who are beating the Passport by these methods obviously need to be told how to beat the Passport:rolleyes:

Well, maybe some domestiques or athletes in other sports don't know? At least he didn't say something like "X iu of EPO IV will clear your system in Y hours" like Frei. :rolleyes:

Colm.Murphy said:
Hold on a moment. Here is Floyd, explaining his technique, taking much more EPO than anyone would have thought (especially considering the micro-dosing theory), via IV injection, and NOT testing positive, for years.

So, you consider his account wrong and a BALCO "guy" to be correct?

I'm afraid you imagined that part.

Moose McKnuckles said:
The fact that Floyd took EPO for years without ever testing positive for it underscores how meaningless the phrase "never tested positive" really is.

Someone should ask FLandis how many times he used various drugs. If one year he was using testosterone every three or so days then it could be a hundred usages of testosterone for that one year. The total of everything over the years could be several hundreds, and he had only one positive test, which it appears might have only happened when the lab screwed up the T:E ratio, triggering the carbon isotope test.

Interesting thought, BroDeal.

Moose McKnuckles said:
The fact that Floyd took EPO for years without ever testing positive for it underscores how meaningless the phrase "never tested positive" really is.
Unless you believe Floyd is a liar. In which case, maybe he never actually doped. I mean, Lim said he never saw any doping. Lance, JB, everyone says no doping at USPS. So maybe Floyd was actually clean that entire time, including his 2006 Tour win, and made all this up to hurt Lance.

blackcat said:
he can go to Dailypeloton, they welcome his type there
I tried. I also tried sending him to RBR, or CF. Or CEM if he wants to argue with opposing views. He said he doesn't like it there, and wants to be here.

He'll be banned shortly, and all of his posts deleted. Just so you know.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
speculation was they were going to use it. But I dont think they ever do, unless triggered by the ratio test. Too expensive. 800 bucks a test or somtin.

Greetings Mr. Rowing Shell (Orating on 8 oars), glad to see you frequent the same fine dining establishments.

Oncearunner8 said:
“...according to Ashenden, Landis has probably provided a key piece of the puzzle that has vexed him and his peers for a long time: Why some riders' blood values remained within a unusually narrow range, a pattern that was suspicious in and of itself but not generally subject to sanctions...”

So why would do you think he would say something like that?
Can I barge in here?

With no reference to anyone real or imagined, apparently there are still many in the world who - though they defended Floyd's veracity in vain and for far too long - now find themselves struggling with the concepts that:
1. Floyd can tell the truth
2. Within a certain range of subjects, Floyd may know what he is talking about
3. Floyd has an actual expertise in doping

Dave.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
D-Queued said:
Greetings Mr. Rowing Shell (Orating on 8 oars), glad to see you frequent the same fine dining establishments.

Can I barge in here?

With no reference to anyone real or imagined, apparently there are still many in the world who - though they defended Floyd's veracity in vain and for far too long - now find themselves struggling with the concepts that:
1. Floyd can tell the truth
2. Within a certain range of subjects, Floyd may know what he is talking about
3. Floyd has an actual expertise in doping

Dave.

It's a dpf reunion. All we need is Floyd.

IMHO, the only surprise in any of this is that the press are finally reporting this stuff. Whether anything sticks except mud will depends on how good the investigators are.

HiTex38

BANNED
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Runitout said:

IMHO, the only surprise in any of this is that the press are finally reporting this stuff. Whether anything sticks except mud will depends on how good the investigators are.

Yeah the man crush thing is a bit embarrassing. This issue is emotion driven for many.

I agree it doesn't tell us much. The most significant news today is Kirstin is not siding against LA. If she was then it would be very bad news for Armstrong.

It looks like this thing could go on for years - i don't think it will effect the tour now. But we shall see.

Runitout said:

Thanks. I'm still a newb here, though, and have to learn all the names all over again.

HiTex38 said:
Yeah the man crush thing is a bit embarrassing. This issue is emotion driven for many.

I agree it doesn't tell us much. The most significant news today is Kirstin is not siding against LA. If she was then it would be very bad news for Armstrong.

It looks like this thing could go on for years - i don't think it will effect the tour now. But we shall see.
Thanks for the warm reception, but how do you know I don't wear high heels and pantyhose?

Back to Kirstin: I think you are jumping the gun there. Do you have any proof that she would not tell the truth if questioned formally?

Anyhow, it has already gone on for years. Perhaps we are now at the end of the beginning as far as Alarmstrong goes.

Dave.