• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 478 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
TheGame said:
Im going to thank you for the link, as nobody else will.

Because most of us don't care about this asthma thing. You are trying to make a bigger deal out of it then most so that you can then say -oh look, the clinic is so stupid they take a tweet about asthma as proof of doping.

For most of us this asthma isn't in the top million reasons to doubt sky.

TheGame said:
Incorrect. No, you do not need a TUE for salbutamol unless its over 16 puffs a day.

Clinic quoting facts that aren't facts again. :D

I'll happily stand corrected on that fact.

My mistake, given the publicity around the widespread abuse of inhalers in certain running communities, I was under the impression that TUE's were required in all cases.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
LaFlorecita said:
Jesus she's losing it. WTF.

Froome fans will take up the call though. Despite the troll label being misplaced, the fans will accept the original query as a definition of "trolling" and use it from now on to defend Froome etc.

Think of it as Cound educating fans as much as responding to a legitimate, valid, rational query.

Sep 29, 2012
thehog said:
All those poor performances in the book listed out. Never once mentioned asthma... :rolleyes:

33v0v3l.jpg

Can you do a search on "cough"?

LaFlorecita said:
Hoggy can you search for coughing? See what it says?

Hah!

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
Froome fans will take up the call though. Despite the troll label being misplaced, the fans will accept the original query as a definition of "trolling" and use it from now on to defend Froome etc.

Think of it as Cound educating fans as much as responding to a legitimate, valid, rational query.

It wasn't trolling. It was puke journalism.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Granville57 said:
So back-to-back TdF winners have asthma. Is that a record, or just a lucky coincidence? Surprised that Wiggo, Froome, Braislford and Sky haven't made more of this as part of an awareness campaign. Truly inspiring. <cough>

The percentage of cyclists claiming "exercise-induced asthma" has always been high.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/...pians-have-asthma/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

Asthma is a bit of a misnomer. It's bronchial constriction. Happens a lot. And easy to get a diagnosis, and subsequently a TUE for some interesting substances.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I have had a good laugh on my lunch break today excellent comments/discussion on this thread....I realised I don't need to watch the races, I can come in here and get better entertainment.

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
msjett said:
I have had a good laugh on my lunch break today excellent comments/discussion on this thread....I realised I don't need to watch the races, I can come in here and get better entertainment.

I will second that. I watched the last 5km on youtube and then come here for the comments. You just could not make this stuff up to be more of an insulting comedy than what Froome, Cound et al are doing to pro cycling. As much as I disliked Armstrong between 2004 and 2012 this is worse.

Froome, Porte, Sky, the book, what an f n joke.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
I love how according to Kirby, Froome does "the old 1-2" all by himself, no need of a second guy for the 1-2. Froome does it all by himself :cool:
Kirby was practically hyperventilating during Froome's attacks, not to mention the hysteria as they approached the finish line. Get that man an inhaler! :eek:

pastronef said:
does Michelle Cound read the clinic?
She used to post here but has since deleted everything except for her account.

thehog said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIAWEAnzuAg&sns=em

From 55s - question is; where does the pump comes from and where does it go?

Does he hold on to it or is it hidden in his glove or something?

Does he not carry it in his back pocket? When he wears a skin suit? :confused:
It seems to be tucked into his hand before and after. Just a quick little maneuver that only just happened to be caught on camera. Most odd that he would never mention this previously. Odd indeed.

(And the only prior source of his asthma, apparently, is the Business Insider?)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Granville57 said:
Kirby was practically hyperventilating during Froome's attacks, not to mention the hysteria as they approached the finish line. Get that man an inhaler! :eek:

The guys an idiot, but I'll give him one thing, he can get excited over anything. Even the most boring of sprinter stages. I'll be sitting there going "yep, gonna be an easy Kittel win" and he'll be shouting at the top of his lungs as if every one of the greatest sprinters of all time were going head to head (and of course getting all the names wrong :D).

Sep 29, 2012
Granville57 said:
It seems to be tucked into his hand before and after. Just a quick little maneuver that only just happened to be caught on camera. Most odd that he would never mention this previously. Odd indeed.

Did he wait until the camera was off him before taking the puff, and only just get caught as the camera swung back to him?

kingjr said:
He attacked Contador 3 times, 2 times directly in a row, one small and one big attack, to try and get rid of him, realized he couldn't drop him, resorted to keeping the group together and then attack one last time for the stage win. I fail to see why this is so bad tactically. I mean there is only so much you can do, when you can't drop a rider who also won't work together with you.

Just watched the finale. To say it was bad tactically is to assume a rider within some reasonable proximity form-wise to the other riders. Because that's how say...the last 35 years of bike racing that I've watched have been raced.

Froome attacked. Then waved Contador through. That in itself was idiotic–why on earth would Contador come through in that situation? Can't get over how dumb that looked. But never mind. Then Froome went to the front and pulled for a couple of k's, almost never coming off the front, while in the leader's jersey mind you. Why? Why would the leader pull on the front while not attacking?

In case you haven't watched the last 100 years or so of bike racing, race leaders generally wait for their rivals to attack them. In rare cases they try and put down the hammer at some point and win, but they don't do it by pacing the leading group for a few k. Further, what people typically do when they attack is move to the back or side and try to swing by, getting an extra couple of seconds before those being attacked have time to react. Attacking from the front is that rarest of things, done only when you're sure you're much stronger than the rest. Froome did it over and over, when it was clear he was not much stronger than Contador at all. It's so dumb tactically I can't even believe I was watching it. But if you're sure you're so strong it doesn't matter...

That after all that buffoonery he won the stage is incredible. He's just ridiculously strong. By all accounts from all types of fans, people generally see Contador as on the full program this year. Has looked that way since the early season, and Froome has seen it as well. But he still believes he's that much stronger and is probably right.

Great to see a clean champion after all these years...

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
M Sport said:
I will second that. I watched the last 5km on youtube and then come here for the comments. You just could not make this stuff up to be more of an insulting comedy than what Froome, Cound et al are doing to pro cycling. As much as I disliked Armstrong between 2004 and 2012 this is worse.

Froome, Porte, Sky, the book, what an f n joke.

Yeah the stuff their on is crazy i mean Kelderman and Contador all bread and water:rolleyes:.