• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 767 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Here ii is not a question of first mountain stages, becouse they started already with mountain, so the advantage that complete rider get in the 1st week of le Tour andnshows in the forst mountain stage, is not here.. the best stage for him is Alto Campoo (Fuente del Chivo), becouse there is the hard Escudo, an later there is a flat terrain where the pure climbers will suffer and the last climb is long and not very step...so perfect for him. The stage of this weekend in Granada is good as well for him, but as well for Valverde, Purito...

In Andorra, except if he is clearly the stronger of the race, he must suffer with people as Quintana, Landa, Chaves, Purito, Pozzovivo,...

He has the ITT of Burgos to win la Vuelta, but later there are some tactical and complicated stages.

I think he will win la Vuelta, but not easy.

Re:

Taxus4a said:
Here ii is not a question of first mountain stages, becouse they started already with mountain, so the advantage that complete rider get in the 1st week of le Tour andnshows in the forst mountain stage, is not here.. the best stage for him is Alto Campoo (Fuente del Chivo), becouse there is the hard Escudo, an later there is a flat terrain where the pure climbers will suffer and the last climb is long and not very step...so perfect for him. The stage of this weekend in Granada is good as well for him, but as well for Valverde, Purito...

In Andorra, except if he is clearly the stronger of the race, he must suffer with people as Quintana, Landa, Chaves, Purito, Pozzovivo,...

He has the ITT of Burgos to win la Vuelta, but later there are some tactical and complicated stages.

I think he will win la Vuelta, but not easy.
Good point, a lot will hinge on the ITT. Froome will probably make his decision after that. If he is racing World's ITT he may want to recover rather than risk going too deep.

Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
LaFlorecita said:
CNMhYvpXAAAElL5.jpg

(pic via Digger on twitters)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Got to love they use 'willpower' as one of the reasons for their success. No other riders are doing enough 'willing' to win.

doperhopper said:
You know, willpower, pillpower, same thing. Sometimes even pillowpower.

Beech Mtn said:
Obviously the most important part is "Excellent team-mates." AKA No shittin' in the campah. AKA LRP.

Remember when Alberto had LRP as his "team-mate?" Made all the difference in the world. Why do you think Teeeeeeeeeejay stole LRP away from Da Dawg?

You guys are hilarious. Thank you.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
doperhopper said:
Vroom getting his Vuelta objective done: showing he's human

I wonder is Froome at Vuelta to pull out half way citing tiredness and not being able to compete due to the exercions on his human body from TdF. All part of the PR.
It would surely play into the hands of the British press, Walsh et al.
Firstly indeed Chris showing he's 'human'.
Secondly, the Vuelta is where the non-anglophone dopers celebrate, innit, so Chris trying but failing to win it nicely cements his cleanliness.

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site

sniper said:
Benotti69 said:
doperhopper said:
Vroom getting his Vuelta objective done: showing he's human

I wonder is Froome at Vuelta to pull out half way citing tiredness and not being able to compete due to the exercions on his human body from TdF. All part of the PR.
It would surely play into the hands of the British press, Walsh et al.
Firstly indeed Chris showing he's 'human'.
Secondly, the Vuelta is where the non-anglophone dopers celebrate, innit, so Chris trying but failing to win it nicely cements his cleanliness.

Maybe Froome learnt from convicted-doper Alberto 'Puerto' Contador's tactic of pretending to go for the double just to try and remove his stink from his Giro win by looking 'tired' in his TdF ride.

(Or maybe both riders are just trying to win races)

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

wendybnt said:
Maybe Froome learnt from convicted-doper Alberto 'Puerto' Contador's tactic of pretending to go for the double just to try and remove his stink from his Giro win by looking 'tired' in his TdF ride.
there's another thread for Alberto bashing.

anyway, yes, maybe.

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site

sniper said:
wendybnt said:
not sure what your point is.
this is the froome talk only thread.

The point being that both scenarios are equally unlikely.

Who would Froome be trying to convince? If it was fans in the UK then he would be wasting his time as an early exit from the Vuelta would go almost unreported. It is on TV here, but the viewing figures are minuscule.

wendybnt said:
sniper said:
wendybnt said:
not sure what your point is.
this is the froome talk only thread.

The point being that both scenarios are equally unlikely.

Who would Froome be trying to convince? If it was fans in the UK then he would be wasting his time as an early exit from the Vuelta would go almost unreported. It is on TV here, but the viewing figures are minuscule.

Just a suggestion, but why not try just to make the point ?

Re:

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Hundreds of drug tests? Who did again the math on the 500 tests for Armstrong back then? Wouldnt be too hard to expose this bending of the truth as well wouldnt it?

Particularly with the low testing rates of the Monaco Anti-Doping Fed. 2014, they performed something like 66 tests in total, of which only 29 were OOC. No bloods at all. There are obviously quite a number of athletes that reside in Monaco across many sports, so if this doesn't tell you something I don't know what does. Why on earth wouldn't you dope???

Source: https://wada-main-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/wada_2014_anti-doping-testing-figures_full-report_en.pdf Page 12

heart_attack_man said:
Hundreds of drug tests? Who did again the math on the 500 tests for Armstrong back then? Wouldnt be too hard to expose this bending of the truth as well wouldnt it?

Particularly with the low testing rates of the Monaco Anti-Doping Fed. 2014, they performed something like 66 tests in total, of which only 29 were OOC. No bloods at all. There are obviously quite a number of athletes that reside in Monaco across many sports, so if this doesn't tell you something I don't know what does. Why on earth wouldn't you dope???

Source: https://wada-main-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/wada_2014_anti-doping-testing-figures_full-report_en.pdf Page 12
Of course. A small nation like Monaco won't want to scare the money away :rolleyes:

42x16ss said:
heart_attack_man said:

Of course. A small nation like Monaco won't want to scare the money away :rolleyes:

In my mind, these types of things really put 'whereabouts issues' into a true context. What would be the chances that one athlete would get tested in any given year out of the many competitive athletes that reside in Monaco? Pretty bloody slim. Then what are the chances that they aren't home/don't hear the doorbell/insert bullsh1t excuse here on the ONE occasion that they are OOC'd...?

You're dealing with exceptionally low percentages... As I keep saying, I don't believe in miracles.

Re:

Well him saying he's been tested hundreds of times, makes the fact he missed a couple seem reasonable ... but then again, we know that others have been tested just as often, & never missed any !

keeponrollin said:

Well him saying he's been tested hundreds of times, makes the fact he missed a couple seem reasonable ... but then again, we know that others have been tested just as often, & never missed any !

I think the point was that last time someone blustered about the hundreds of tests and other such nonsense, we found out it was a complete lie, and that riders don't get tested nearly often enough to add up to the "hundreds" which they claim.

red_flanders said:
keeponrollin said:

I think the point was that last time someone blustered about the hundreds of tests and other such nonsense, we found out it was a complete lie, and that riders don't get tested nearly often enough to add up to the "hundreds" which they claim.

He may have been tested hundreds of times based on how many times he's won or podiumed throughout certain seasons... The better question is how did he win or podium against all of the dopers?

heart_attack_man said:

He may have been tested hundreds of times based on how many times he's won or podiumed throughout certain seasons... The better question is how did he win or podium against all of the dopers?

Now there is the right question.

And for the answer we have to go back to Ryder.

Doping made him slower, remember?

Ergo, that is how Froome wins against all of the dopers. Dope makes them slower. Stupid dopers.

Dave.

heart_attack_man said:
red_flanders said:
keeponrollin said:

err... no.
from 2011 his stage wins/podiums as follows (from a quick look on wiki);
2011: 1 stage win
2012: 1 stage win
2013: 8 stage wins, 1 2nd (TTT worlds)
2014: 4 stage wins
2015: 4 stage wins, 3rd TTT (Romandie)

Total; 20 tests from winning or podiuming stages...

I don't know if overall leaders are tested on days they don't podium, but won't be many more tests from this if they do.

Archibald said:
heart_attack_man said:
red_flanders said:
keeponrollin said:

err... no.
from 2011 his stage wins/podiums as follows (from a quick look on wiki);
2011: 1 stage win
2012: 1 stage win
2013: 8 stage wins, 1 2nd (TTT worlds)
2014: 4 stage wins
2015: 4 stage wins, 3rd TTT (Romandie)

Total; 20 tests from winning or podiuming stages...

I don't know if overall leaders are tested on days they don't podium, but won't be many more tests from this if they do.

Agreed - stand corrected. I was thinking that overall leaders would be tested on days they don't podium, but you are likely correct to point that out - knowing that testing is pure theatre, it's exceptionally likely that they aren't.

heart_attack_man said:
Agreed - stand corrected. I was thinking that overall leaders would be tested on days they don't podium, but you are likely correct to point that out - knowing that testing is pure theatre, it's exceptionally likely that they aren't.
I recall someone doing the math on LA and worked out at around 125 tests in total or similar...

TRENDING THREADS