• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Juan Ayuso discussion thread

Page 34 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I mean for him personally this ironically is good as long as he doesn't have complications from this Covid-19 infection.

Ayuso is going to be fresh and in full shape for the 2024 Vuelta a Espana. Main-favorite depending on how soon Roglic is able to properly train for the race. Plus Mas who obviously rides himself in form for Spain at the Tour de France.

Ayuso won't be worn out from the Tour de France in Spain like potentially Rodriguez.

Question remains however: Was Ayuso fading already because of his illness? Or did he miss base and sharpness due to his early exit from the Dauphine?

It's no excuses however from here on. He needs to justify his ambition and fulfill his potential now. Everything else than 1st or 2nd at the 2024 Vuelta a Espana is a failure!

Arguably, since Roglic doesn't get any younger, Ayuso needs to be a Grand Tour winner this fall even!

• Love
Reactions: perico and SHAD0W93
Depends on where you are talking about?

Where I work if you showed up with covid or the flu and tried to tell people you weren't very contagious while breathing all over them, it would be frowned upon and I am quite sure you would be sent packing home.
At least our management and others don’t care anymore. On a floor/unit level there’s of course people that care, management not so much.

• Sad
Reactions: noob