• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Junior racing - The stars of the future

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It's only an early entry, but on first sight I'm missing the Norwegians, Brits and Danes for the European Championships ITT. Therefore we'd be without a few interesting riders like Gustav Wang, Adam Jorgenson, Oskar Johansson, Johannes Staune-Mittet, Per Strand Hagenes, Max Poole, Oscar Nilsson-Julien. Italy would only go with Piras, rather than Milesi and/or Balestra. Other than that, most big names are there in a quick glance. Haven't gone over them in detail, but Brenner ✓, Luhrs ✓, Ayuso ✓, Le Huitouze ✓, Ayuso ✓, Ponomar ✓, Vacek ✓, Bittner ✓, Mikhels ✓, Uijtdebroeks ✓.

It's only an early entry, but on first sight I'm missing the Norwegians and Danes on the European Championships, therefore we'd be missing a few interesting riders like Gustav Wang, Oskar Johansson, Johannes Staune-Mittet and Per Strand Hagenes. Italy would only go with Piras, rather than Milesi and/or Balestra. Other than that, most big names are there.

The Danes are going. Though, in order to give them as much opportunity as possible to race before stepping into the U23 ranks only second-year pros has been selected, so no Wang.
Lineup is as follows:

Dennis Lock, Team Mascot WorkWear
Emil Schandorff Iwersen, Team ABC Junior
Kasper Andersen, Team NPV-Carl Ras Roskilde Junior
Nikolaj Mengel, Team ABC Junior
Rasmus Søjberg Pedersen, Give Cykelklub
Sebastian Andreasson, Team ABC Junior

The Danes are going. Though, in order to give them as much opportunity as possible to race before stepping into the U23 ranks only second-year pros has been selected, so no Wang.
Lineup is as follows:

Dennis Lock, Team Mascot WorkWear
Emil Schandorff Iwersen, Team ABC Junior
Kasper Andersen, Team NPV-Carl Ras Roskilde Junior
Nikolaj Mengel, Team ABC Junior
Rasmus Søjberg Pedersen, Give Cykelklub
Sebastian Andreasson, Team ABC Junior
Ah, yes, I see now. I like that thought of only sending 2nd years. Though I have since edited my post and was talking about the ITT, which I forgot to specify. It would seem that they are only doing the RR, is that correct? Either way, Norway and the UK are unfortunately missing from either

Aug 5, 2018
Visit site
Does anybody have a startlist for visegrad 4 juniors, or at least know the full danish team.
Also does anybody whether denmark only participate in the RR in the EC, or also the ITT, cant see any danes on the ITT startlist

Going through the startlist for tomorrow, I'd say something along the lines of:
  • * * * * *: Marco Brenner
  • * * * *: Lorenzo Milesi, Cian Uijtdebroeks
  • * * *: Eddy Le Huitouze, Juan Ayuso, Mathias Vacek
  • * *: Joonas Kuurits, Alec Segaert, Madis Mihkels, Igor Arrieta
  • *: Fabio Christen, Andrii Ponomar, Huub Artz, Pavel Bittner, Benjamin Marais

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
Going through the startlist for tomorrow, I'd say something along the lines of:
  • * * * * *: Marco Brenner
  • * * * *: Lorenzo Milesi, Cian Uijtdebroeks
  • * * *: Eddy Le Huitouze, Juan Ayuso, Mathias Vacek
  • * *: Joonas Kuurits, Alec Segaert, Madis Mihkels, Igor Arrieta
  • *: Fabio Christen, Andrii Ponomar, Huub Artz, Pavel Bittner, Benjamin Marais
Is Mathis Vacek that good of a TTer? I know that he packs a decent sprint, he's a lot faster than his older brother, but is he on that level as a TTer?

Is Mathis Vacek that good of a TTer? I know that he packs a decent sprint, he's a lot faster than his older brother, but is he on that level as a TTer?
He is definitely decent enough, been killing the Italian scene as of late. It's so hard to say though, because we don't have a lot of references for this year (read: we have none). He was 13th on a relatively flat (albeit short) ITT in the Peace Race last year, very respectable. It does seem like he has taken it to the next level, and the course should be in his favour, though that goes for a lot of kids tomorrow.

He is definitely decent enough, been killing the Italian scene as of late. It's so hard to say though, because we don't have a lot of references for this year (read: we have none). He was 13th on a relatively flat (albeit short) ITT in the Peace Race last year, very respectable. It does seem like he has taken it to the next level, and the course should be in his favour, though that goes for a lot of kids tomorrow.
Yes, no idea if it's too hard for Milesi, but he doesn't look bigger than a guy like Ponomar.

TRENDING THREADS