• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Race Results 2020

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
3rd stage of Coppi e Bartali
01 Bauke Mollema 1986 Trek - Segafredo 03:36:23
02 Diego Rosa 1989 Team Sky + 00
03 Giulio Ciccone 1994 Bardiani - CSF + 00
04 Guillaume Martin 1993 Wanty - Groupe Gobert + 00
05 Richard Carapaz 1993 Movistar Team + 00
06 Koen Bouwman 1993 Team LottoNL - Jumbo + 00
07 Ivan Ramiro Sosa 1997 Androni - Sidermec - Bottecchia + 00
08 Lucas Hamilton 1996 Michelton - Scott + 33
09 Davide Ballerini 1994 Androni - Sidermec - Bottecchia + 55
10 Neilson Powless 1996 Team LottoNL - Jumbo + 55

Richie 5th, Sosa 7th. Not too bad.

GC
GC.gif

Bouwman was in winning position with 2km but had a very nasty fall. He finished as 6th still but had to be taken to the hospital after the finish.

edit: and Mollema was bad in Paris Nice because of a bacterial infection it turns out. He's now recovered.
DY-7s5iVQAEUNks.jpg

Looks like a 1/2s gap to me. But yeah Italians..

Definitely a lesser known race this week, and apparently an extraordinary one, was the first edition of the Tour of Tunisia's Central Pharmacy (I may have been over literal with the translation, which makes it sound like they did loops of the cough remedies aisle in a city centre branch of Boots). I know nothing beyond the results on PCS and notes on CQ, but they are worth recounting.

Stage 1 might have had as few as 39 starters. The front group at the end was 17 strong, with Dan Craven at 34 seconds, then a lone rider at 3 minutes, 7 men at 12 minutes, 7 at 18 minutes, and 5 more at 40 minutes. Poor Anis Bchni rolled in 3/4 of an hour later, 1 hour 25 minutes after the winner, but was not surprisingly outside the time limit.

On Stage 2, only 15 of the 38 finished, and only the last 2 of these were given the same time as each other (last of all was Reguigui, winner of stage 1). 4th place was at nearly 4 minutes, only 3 more were within 15 minutes, and the last 5 between 25 minutes (nearly) and 28 minutes behind the winner, Gaetan Bille.

CQ summarises it thus:
This race initially counted 4 stages. The 2nd stage was held in heavy rain and temperatures close to zero, and only 15 riders reached the finish.
Considering the extreme conditions the jury decided to cancel the results and let everybody start again for the 3rd stage. As the next day the weather was still the same, the 3rd stage was cancelled altogether.
The jury then decided to reinstate the results of stage 2 and consider the GC after stage 2 as the Final GC.
Stage 4 was changed into a 1.2 race with all stage race riders allowed to participate: the GP de la Pharmacie Centrale de Tunisie.

The unplanned 1.2 race was won by the splendidly named Gruffudd Lewis. Stephane Poulhies managed the coincidental feat of being third in both stages and the GC of the abridged race, and in the bonus one day race.

Re: Re:

Lexman said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Laplaz said:
Viviani wins LePanne. 2nd Ackermann, 3rd Philipsen.
Excellent result for the Belgian Jasper Philipsen. 20 year, neo, and fast as hell. He beat Jakobsen a couple of times in U23

I'm not really into the U23 but as what I heard was they're not the same type as sprinter?

They're not. Jakobsen is a pure sprinter, Philipsen is a classics guy with a fast finish.

TRENDING THREADS