• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Remco vs Roglic

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who do you dis more, Remco or Roglic?

• Remco

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Roglic

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • In this namby pamby PC world, I love both riders, but I hope Remco pummels the guts out of Roglic.

• I'm cheering for Roglic, something about that ski background and the smile just touches me.

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • Vin(g)o option: irrelevant, bring on the tour

• Because of fundamentalist fanaticism, I’m rooting for Caruso

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Too long a sacrifice can make a stone of the heart.
The heartbeat of the forum returns as the two pop culture icons Remco and Roglic battle it out at the Dauphine.

Evenepoel fans want to throw in the towel before it even starts by saying their rider won't compete. I'm not having it.

We'll have our Rog versus Evenepoel duel in the Dauphiné & people will love it. I won't accept anything less.

Reactions: acm and topcat
With how openly he talks about how the injury is still bothering him (mainly on the TT bike) and how he'll work for Landa and Van Wilder in this race I doubt it's just sandbagging. Sure, it might be the plan for him not to go all out in the fight for the gc right here when he's just coming back from an injury and to focus on the Tour, but I doubt it's just sandbagging.

With how openly he talks about how the injury is still bothering him (mainly on the TT bike) and how he'll work for Landa and Van Wilder in this race I doubt it's just sandbagging. Sure, it might be the plan for him not to go all out in the fight for the gc right here when he's just coming back from an injury and to focus on the Tour, but I doubt it's just sandbagging.
If I were him I'd sandbag to the moon, for if he is not sandbagging then it's gonna be an ugly next 7 weeks.

If he pulls on the climbs for Landa, I'd be quite surprised.

It can be a bit of both. He's not where he wished he would've been, but he also wants to sell a 4th or 3rd in GC as a success (and do his best to end up as high in GC as he can).