• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2018 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
In the Tour Down Under I got many points. My cyclists have been very good:
Guerreiro 80 points
Bauhaus 51
Dlamini 50
Mccarthy 49
More 30
Edmonson 7
Arndt 5
Minali 5
Restrepo 5
Scotson 5
Sütterlin 5
In total, I now have 475 points, so I hope to continue very high in the classification CQ RANKING MANAGER 2018.

In the Vuelta a San Juan we have started with many illusions, although with few points. I have a good team, so I hope to accumulate many points. Hope that nobody will take it from us! These are my workers:
CAVAGNA
GARCÍA CORTINA
MULLEN
NIZZOLO
SBARAGLI
VAN DER SANDE

the update didn't come out until afternoon my time yesterday and I got real busy, so I have just tweaked the spreadsheet now but won't have time to post an update until about 5-6 hours from now. I know the early season is an eager time so just thought I'd send a message!

Update #2: Porte & Ewan help claim Pole position

After the appetizer of the Aussie and New Zealand nationals, the game truly gets underway this week with the (somehow) 1.WT race the Tour Down Under. While points were available in both Gabon and Venezuela this week in 2.1 and 2.2 races, the TDU was the main course, with all the World Tour teams lined up (and therefore, the majority of riders in this game). Given its early-season place in the calendar, of course it was going to have outsize impact on the overall of this game.

This Week's High Scorers

Rank Team Points this week
1 ChrisDK 482
2 Nathanptz 460
3 Poles & Co. 452
4 bminchow 451
5 repre 440

And the winner is... ChrisDK! The bulk of the scoring from this team comes from three high-scoring, relatively rare picks - Peter Sagan (14 teams, 157 points this week), Caleb Ewan (12 teams, 174 points) and the ever-impressive Egan Bernal (3 teams, 115 points). Minor finishing points for a few other riders brings their team to 482 points this week, enough to win the week. Second place goes to Nathanptz, who spreads it out a bit more with points from Ewan, Tom-Jelte Slagter (181 points, 2 teams), and some smaller points from Bauhaus, Mas, and Bonifazio. Third place Poles & Co. slides onto the podium by one point, almost entirely from Porte (268) and Ewan.

This Week's High Movers

Rank Team Up/down
1 Salvarani (+28)
2 AlyKaptan (+20)
3 repre (+17)
4 Squire (+16)
5 Bicycle_Boy (+15)

This classification is always a funny one the second week of the year - something like only 50 teams scored in the first update, so lots of teams are 'moving up' from being tied for last place. Salvarani makes an impressive debut in the game, leaping 28 points on the back of points from Sagan and the early contender for 'best early season pick' in unique pick Joseph Areruya, winner of Tropicale Amissa Bongo to score 153 points at a cost of 65. You don't often see a rider in January carrying form from late November, but he seems to be riding the high from his home tour a couple of months ago; we will see how he fares in the later races this season for DDD CT. AlyKaptan and repre get their name in the early-season lights of a podium finish in one of these weekly updates.

Green Jersey Comptetition

Rank Team Total
1 ChrisDK 46
2 Jon_Ezeitza 45
3 Poles & Co. 42
4 Nathanptz 36
5 l'velo 35

already some stratification in this competition - it seems like many of the teams that scored this week scored in the first week as well, the first tie is for 9th place in this classification. ChrisDK squeaks out a lead by virtue of tying for 15th place in week 1 and getting a point for it.

Top 10 Overall

Rank Up/down Team Points
1 (+8) Poles & Co. 524
2 (+12) ChrisDK 522
3 (+11) Nathanptz 500
4 (+9) bminchow 498
5 (-4) Jon_Ezeitza 475
6 (+16) repre 472
7 (-5) sodak_za 461
8 (+27) Salvarani 445
9 (+13) kiszol 422
10 (+12) Sneekes 400

The volatile early season standings settle showing Poles & Co. in the lead by two points! Their Polish-leaning-but-also-practical-minded-competitive team finds themselves in the lead despite getting only third on the week, by virtue of scoring 72 points in week 1 and having a bit of a buffer on the two teams that scored above it this week. It should be no surprise that the other two on the overall podium were also those on the podium of the weekly standings. Last week's leader Jon_Ezeitza doesn't have a bad week, finishing 20th overall, and is one of only two teams to hang on in the top 10 from week 1.

Coming up this week - San Juan gets us going on another continent (okay I guess technically Tachira did that), the Sharjah Tour and Tour of Indonesia kick of the racing in Asia, and Europe gets underway too with Mallorca! Lots of relatively low-stakes global action going on. Strap yourselves in, it's only getting started.

Spreadsheet at dropbox

Re:

flashke said:
Newbie here, so this could sound ridiculous, but how is a team with Porte and Ewan in the lead when they both dropped in CQ-value?

You need to look at the 2018 rankings (points earned since 01/01/18), not the Current Rankings (a rolling total of points over the last year). Just because they did not score quite as highly as they did in the same race last year, it does not stop them being among the highest scoring so far this year.

So chuffed with the early lead (Poles & Co.)!

I am enjoying the limelight, knowing it won't last long - well, unless Pippo Ganna goes into 'Moscon v2.0 mode' in the Vuelta a San Juan :)

The expectations for my team are to crack top50 at the end of the season, so the early glory is a big bonus. Anyway, not picking Nizzolo and Intxausti will catch up with me soon, and I don't mind that as I wish both of these lads well in 2018.

Skidmark (et al.), thanks for all your hard work in keeping the game going! It adds another dimension to following the cycling circus.

Re:

drebelo said:
This is my first time playing this game so could anyone explain me who those the green jersey competion work?

Others will be more confident in their analysis of it, but it is based on the weekly rankings rather than the total scores. It was introduced as a sub-ranking in the 2015 game. Each week the top 15 teams in the weekly scores gain points in the distribution:
1st 45
2nd 35
3rd 30
4th 26
5th 22
6th 20
7th 18
8th 16
9th 14
10th 12
11th 10
12th 8
13th 6
14th 4
15th 2 (this was the stage point distribution pattern on flat stages of the TdF until about 2015)

See this post and those following it.

Happy with getting back in the top five for the second consecutive week. It's very strange because I do not have figures or expensive cyclists. The most expensive of all is Haig, with 395 points, having made the 150th place last year. I have a team of workers, where nobody will give many points, but all a nice amount, so this team should give good long-term results.

Dec 31, 2017
Visit site
Re: Re:

Armchair cyclist said:
drebelo said:
This is my first time playing this game so could anyone explain me who those the green jersey competion work?

Others will be more confident in their analysis of it, but it is based on the weekly rankings rather than the total scores. It was introduced as a sub-ranking in the 2015 game. Each week the top 15 teams in the weekly scores gain points in the distribution:
1st 45
2nd 35
3rd 30
4th 26
5th 22
6th 20
7th 18
8th 16
9th 14
10th 12
11th 10
12th 8
13th 6
14th 4
15th 2 (this was the stage point distribution pattern on flat stages of the TdF until about 2015)

See this post and those following it.
Thanks for the information

In a unrelated note, only now I realized ondrej cink had retired. I just lost 125 points for nothing :mad: I was expecting him to do a second road cycling season much better than the first one

Jelloul and Castrillo are already into profit. Granted they only scored eight points combined but at this stage of the season, there are no small profits.

Boeckmans' third place today is arguably better than anything he did last year so that's encouraging.

I had hoped for a little more from my TDU squad especially from Fernandez and Minali but I've learned over the years that it's a bad idea to try read too much into the results of a glorified exhibition so I'll wait before hitting the panic button.

Gaviria's back to winning ways to start the season but against that field and with that leadout anything else would have been a disappointment. Everybody has Nizzolo so whatever.

Re: Re:

drebelo said:
Thanks for the information

In a unrelated note, only now I realized ondrej cink had retired. I just lost 125 points for nothing :mad: I was expecting him to do a second road cycling season much better than the first one

Don't give up hope. I had Cam Meyer in my team last year and he had retired but he came back and % return was one of my better riders :p

Checking the table and I am down 4 places with week. And so begins my slow slide from the top to the bottom of the table

Vakoc out in a crash in training (hit by car) :(. Him and teammate suffered injuries but thank god nothing worse happened. But it is still just such a shame...

I was hoping he would really show up in the classics season for my team. Hopefully he come backs strong!

TRENDING THREADS