• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Remco Evenepoel is the next Eddy Merckx thread

Page 978 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should we change the thread title?

• Total voters
We'll know once we see a picture of him at the start of dauphine. I hope to see him as sharp as at the Vuelta of '22.
You do know I'm kidding about all this, right? :p I'm sure you do.

I see no reason why he would not be on all-time form for the Tour. He'll be rocking at the Dauphine. So will others. Gonna be a great race.

Please, please, please no crashes...

You guys freaking out, do you have any idea how many calories bike riders are having during a long ride? Whats wrong with a piece of cake now instead of a couple of gels? Its like you don't really have any idea of how that stuff works.
I think people are just having fun. Coffee is a pretty common start or pit stop for professionals. Cycling tourists use coffee shops as the equivalent of the Serengeti or ocean for whale watching to dramatic rare animals. Many places all over have people trying to cross paths with pros with coffee and cake as the crossroads. People spend lots of time and money, obsessively to observe wild animals eating cake in Ginora or Mallorca, places in France. Whatever Remco is eating or drinking, is absolutely the right thing for him. For me seeing a rider eating raw pork spread on a delicious roll in a German meat market is a beautiful thing!!

You do know I'm kidding about all this, right? :p I'm sure you do.

I see no reason why he would not be on all-time form for the Tour. He'll be rocking at the Dauphine. So will others. Gonna be a great race.

Please, please, please no crashes...
Yes, I know you are joking. SOQ hired the nutrionist from Visma so I have no doubt that person knows what they are doing, and Evenepoel following those plans perfectly.

It’s more that I’m not sure their performance guy, Koen Pelgrim, knows for sure what the best weight is for Evenepoel. That’s why I’m still hoping they made the right decision when it comes to that.

Reactions: red_flanders
Oh, snap! Now we know what happened to INEOS...

w09KQTWWeFy7wE9aBnYCde9dnRSFBBbWBVFukxEJ8hM-1536x2048.jpg

You guys freaking out, do you have any idea how many calories bike riders are having during a long ride? Whats wrong with a piece of cake now instead of a couple of gels? Its like you don't really have any idea of how that stuff works.
Hey, after several wet, cold stages a couple of tequila shots after dinner and 2 donuts in the morning got me ready to race.
We're talking glazed old fashioned grocery store donuts. The hard stuff. I never weighed more after a stage race than I started so it seemed like a plan.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Like @Karl Merckx said in the Dauphiné thread, Remco isn’t in proper shape yet. Apparently he’s still far from his best Basque form due to having to sit still for 3 weeks. We’ll see how he handles Dauphine, but based on this I don’t even see him finish top 5.

Don't kid yourselves with this he didn't eat, he just smelled talk, look at the stains on his lips, he indulged fully, and we will all see the consequences soon when he has to heave the strudels remains, namely fat cells, up the unforgiving french mountains!
No worries mate, doubtless the team monitors his fat percentage, which for the Tour will likely be at 3%-5%.

Reactions: Sandisfan