• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Too Late, Too Furious: Tokyo Drift - The 2020 Olympics Thread

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The Italians actually used even whiter kits at the London Olympics.

28469173bfcba47500c2c7994b05bae0.jpg

And Rebellin was of course also wearing mostly white when he lost to Samu in Beijing.

Last edited:
I doubt that everyone will be happy to ride to Mikuni together. For me it is even not impossible that Van Aert can go before Mikuni if there is a right group and the race was selective enough to limit the number of people capable of chasing.
A pre-emotive move getting out in front and using his Rouleur/TT skills to ride hard in front then have some room to ride his own rhythm on Mikuni sounds very plausible as a strategy.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Does anyone know if race radios will be used?

If I recall correctly they weren't able to be used in Rio?

If not then I think it could make a big difference. In combination with small teams and the profile of the course, it could mean the winning move comes 100km or more out.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Does anyone know if race radios will be used?

If I recall correctly they weren't able to be used in Rio?

If not then I think it could make a big difference. In combination with small teams and the profile of the course, it could mean the winning move comes 100km or more out.

No race radios. I predict someone will raise his hands, only to discover he was actually second :tearsofjoy:

Pogacar, Roglic, Tratnik, Polanc and the only womens team member Eugenija Bujak.

E60ErhwX0AMdjUw
I couldn't figure out who the last rider was. I thought at first it was Louis Meintjes in a slovenian kit, pushing his super ninja skills to the next level.

Btw...Pogi and Polanc almost look like twins in this picture. Polanc looks like the fit twin. On the other end Pogi has the legs like those kids at school who were slim, but you could tell they don't do any sport. Imagine what will happen when he decides to start training a bit. Maybe even on a bycicle, you never know.

Pretty much all of these kits are either awful in design or at least awful to recognize. Slovenia is the exception, Belgium is also a lot better now that Colombia have decided not to mimic them, I mean, plain, and I will never get what they are doing with this blue, but at least it's recognizable.

Now just don't tell me the Dutch team have a white jersey with an orange stripe in the middle...

Does anyone have some nice kit pics, maybe of Eritrea or New Zealand? I usually like the US ones as well.

Reactions: Sandisfan and MTV
Pretty much all of these kits are either awful in design or at least awful to recognize. Slovenia is the exception, Belgium is also a lot better now that Colombia have decided not to mimic them, I mean, plain, and I will never get what they are doing with this blue, but at least it's recognizable.

Now just don't tell me the Dutch team have a white jersey with an orange stripe in the middle...

Does anyone have some nice kit pics, maybe of Eritrea or New Zealand? I usually like the US ones as well.
Rwanda
View: https://twitter.com/MugishaMoise4/status/1417831394303111175?s=20

Ireland looked pretty cool too.

It's pretty hot here at the moment! Weekend is supposed to be 1-2 degrees cooler than the last few days, but on the course it'll still be brutally hot with the humidity. I hope no riders get heat stroke. No idea why they didn't think of changing the start times to very early morning, like around 5am. They were going to do that for the marathon races, and in the end they moved them to Hokkaido to escape the Tokyo heat. (Ironically Hokkaido's having an unprecedented heat wave of its own!).

TRENDING THREADS