• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers and Rumours 2015 > 2016

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
DBotero said:
I'm surprised by these speculations about TVG who's suppose to have a contract for one more year at one of the richest team in the cycling world.The only explanation is that Trek is drastically increasing their budget or TVG doesn't have a contract for next season.Trek might be a good choice for Cav because MTN currently is stacked with sprinters.

I also think Trek would be the better fit. A good promotional tool (as Lefevre has said plenty of times), and won't clash with Cancellara's season much (indeed, Cancellara would be an excellent part of the sprint train when they're together). I just hope Trek go all in for those two and stop with the token Mollema stuff. Would you rather, as a bike company, have 3-4 stage wins, or an anonymous, quite literally Zubeldia-like top 10?

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
TMP402 said:
DBotero said:
I'm surprised by these speculations about TVG who's suppose to have a contract for one more year at one of the richest team in the cycling world.The only explanation is that Trek is drastically increasing their budget or TVG doesn't have a contract for next season.Trek might be a good choice for Cav because MTN currently is stacked with sprinters.

I also think Trek would be the better fit. A good promotional tool (as Lefevre has said plenty of times), and won't clash with Cancellara's season much (indeed, Cancellara would be an excellent part of the sprint train when they're together). I just hope Trek go all in for those two and stop with the token Mollema stuff. Would you rather, as a bike company, have 3-4 stage wins, or an anonymous, quite literally Zubeldia-like top 10?

As a bike company, a stage win is probably better in terms of exposure.
As a Pro Tour team, a top-10 finish is worth much more than two stage wins. In fact finishing 13th overall is even better than winning a stage...

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

b.broadhurst said:
Vino's Mum said:
^ I was about to post that line from Oleg's latest PR fluff. Everyone seems to know about Landa, and I assumed he's talking about Sagan.

Seems most of Sky's transfers for 2016 are out now.

Peters, Moscon, Geoghegan-Hart, Kwiatkowski, Golas, Landa, Intxausti, J.Izagirre, G.Izagirre

Lots of movement at Sky this year because this requires 7 riders to leave.
ridiculous...

Ruudz0r said:
LaFlorecita said:
On twitter I read some discussions regarding Rolland and Vuillermoz to Tinkoff.. not sure if there's any truth in it but it qualifies as a "rumor" I guess.

Also heard the Rolland to Tinkoff rumor, but also heard they talked to each other and couldnt reach an agreement.
Hmm okay ;)
ILovecycling said:
b.broadhurst said:
Vino's Mum said:
^ I was about to post that line from Oleg's latest PR fluff. Everyone seems to know about Landa, and I assumed he's talking about Sagan.

Peters, Moscon, Geoghegan-Hart, Kwiatkowski, Golas, Landa, Intxausti, J.Izagirre, G.Izagirre

ridiculous...
My thoughts exactly.. I just read Tinkov's blog, I really hope Sagan isn't the rider he's talking about, but I can't see who else it would be? Kwiatkowski? :(

LaFlorecita said:
Ruudz0r said:
LaFlorecita said:
On twitter I read some discussions regarding Rolland and Vuillermoz to Tinkoff.. not sure if there's any truth in it but it qualifies as a "rumor" I guess.

Also heard the Rolland to Tinkoff rumor, but also heard they talked to each other and couldnt reach an agreement.
Hmm okay ;)
ILovecycling said:
b.broadhurst said:
Vino's Mum said:

ridiculous...
My thoughts exactly.. I just read Tinkov's blog, I really hope Sagan isn't the rider he's talking about, but I can't see who else it would be? Kwiatkowski? :(

Kwait's already pretty much confirmed if he's gonna be leading out Sagan next year the rest of the peloton might as well not bother.

LaFlorecita said:
I just read Tinkov's blog, I really hope Sagan isn't the rider he's talking about, but I can't see who else it would be?

Search your feelings, Flo. You know it to be true...

482098288-chris-froome-of-great-britain-and-team-sky-gettyimages.jpg

All just hot air for now, of course, though with hindsight, the above lasted for quite a while yesterday and Sagan and Froome did seem very pally all Tour; and as you suggest, it's hard to think who else Oleg could be referring to.

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Would be great for sagan he could bag loads of stages. Whats more by going to sky his image would increase infinitly, he would become a superstar in the uk in the same way as wiggins, really hope this turns out to be true.

I just took Oleg's blog to be talking about Sky snapping up a whole bunch of talent because they can actually say "hey we've got this plan for the next X years and this is where we see you fitting into that". I don't think it was related to an extra shock signing on top of the already rumoured ones.

No way Sagan would go to Sky. The thought of Landa, Kwiatkowski and half Movistar going to Sky is mind boggling enough. I think that is what Oleg was referring too. If Sagan would be going to Sky (or anywhere else for that matter) it would already come out. I think Tinkoff Saxo is not a bad team for him as everyone believes - the only problem is Oleg himself, but even here I think the tension is more PR stuff for the media and that in real life Oleg and Peter get on (quite) well. Also I think he could not possible get more money at Sky that he gets at Tinkoff...

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Eclipse said:
I just took Oleg's blog to be talking about Sky snapping up a whole bunch of talent because they can actually say "hey we've got this plan for the next X years and this is where we see you fitting into that". I don't think it was related to an extra shock signing on top of the already rumoured ones.

That's how i took his comments too,he was kinda saying look what a strong team they are and next year with Landa and Kwiatek added.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Ramon Koran said:
Would be great for sagan he could bag loads of stages. Whats more by going to sky his image would increase infinitly, he would become a superstar in the uk in the same way as wiggins, really hope this turns out to be true.

He's already a superstar in his home country (US also), what does he need to become one in the UK for? And I'm not sure it would help his image that much, for every Sky fan there's someone that hates the team.

Sky being a GC focused team, I doubt joining them would net him more stage wins or give him any better a chance then he has now.

Afrank said:
Ramon Koran said:

He's already a superstar in his home country (US also), what does he need to become one in the UK for? And I'm not sure it would help his image that much, for every Sky fan there's someone that hates the team.

Sky being a GC focused team, I doubt joining them would net him more stage wins or give him any better a chance then he has now.

Exactly. The way this Tour went, Sky had two replaceable team members in Kennaugh and Koenig, but that was more bad luck than design. With Froome facing a stronger Quintana next year, can they afford to use up one of the nine spots on Sagan, unless he wants to do grunt work for 21 stages?

TMP402 said:
Afrank said:
Ramon Koran said:

Exactly. The way this Tour went, Sky had two replaceable team members in Kennaugh and Koenig, but that was more bad luck than design. With Froome facing a stronger Quintana next year, can they afford to use up one of the nine spots on Sagan, unless he wants to do grunt work for 21 stages?

Depends on the course if there's a decent amount of time trailing Froome would have a four minute headstart.

The Sagan thing is just wibble and seems highly unlikely. But if we’re playing along, swapping Tinko for Sky wouldn’t change much apart from not having Oleg publicly poking him with sticks… so who knows.