• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Wiggins, Clinic respect?

Page 50 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 10, 2010
697
0
0
The Carrot said:
Freddythefrog said:
Sutton left to run the show at BC.

Taylor left Cloughie to do it on his own because Taylor thought he could. This is a case of Sir Dave leaving Sutton to do it on his own because Shane thought he could. "So you think you can get by without me Shane do you. Well let's just give that a go."

Best thing that could have happened. Sky will be stable. British Cycling with Sutton in charge. As the eloquent poster put it a few years ago when Floyd wrote us his letter - I am going to pull up a chair and a case of beer. This is going to be one to watch.


Freddythefrog must have got through a lot of beer this week. :D
Well that was April 14. I have had a couple of beers in the last two days. Going to tip my hat to Cath Wiggins tonight.

(Edit - added for those who could not find it http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cycling/2017/12/14/sir-bradley-wiggins-wife-cath-calls-chris-froome-slithering/). The instability has migrated.
 
To me the difference between Wiggins and Froome is like the difference between Berlusconi and Bush. When Bush was on TV I switched channels, because I couldn't stand his face. When Berlusconi was on TV I kept watching because I wanted to know what scandal he was involved in this time. I knew he was a crook, but it had entertainment value. With Wiggins it's the same. Seeing how he transformed his body from gaunt cyclist to robust rower made me laugh. That guy is quite fanatic and eccentric.
 
Re:

Pantani_lives said:
To me the difference between Wiggins and Froome is like the difference between Berlusconi and Bush. When Bush was on TV I switched channels, because I couldn't stand his face. When Berlusconi was on TV I kept watching because I wanted to know what scandal he was involved in this time. I knew he was a crook, but it had entertainment value. With Wiggins it's the same. Seeing how he transformed his body from gaunt cyclist to robust rower made me laugh. That guy is quite fanatic and eccentric.
As much as I disliked Wiggins as a cyclist, because of his conservative racing style, he comes over as a rather friendly person. Froome on the other hand, while instantly being liked for exposing Wiggins, comes over as an absolute mangy guy, with his fake friendliness, his dull groupie wifey etc. pp

He's seems to be an absolute disgrace as a human being. That certainly can't be said about Wiggins. Probably not even about Armstrong. Because with Lance at least it's slightly comprehensible how he became that sociopathic and cocky.
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
Re: Re:

staubsauger said:
Pantani_lives said:
To me the difference between Wiggins and Froome is like the difference between Berlusconi and Bush. When Bush was on TV I switched channels, because I couldn't stand his face. When Berlusconi was on TV I kept watching because I wanted to know what scandal he was involved in this time. I knew he was a crook, but it had entertainment value. With Wiggins it's the same. Seeing how he transformed his body from gaunt cyclist to robust rower made me laugh. That guy is quite fanatic and eccentric.
As much as I disliked Wiggins as a cyclist, because of his conservative racing style, he comes over as a rather friendly person. Froome on the other hand, while instantly being liked for exposing Wiggins, comes over as an absolute mangy guy, with his fake friendliness, his dull groupie wifey etc. pp

He's seems to be an absolute disgrace as a human being. That certainly can't be said about Wiggins. Probably not even about Armstrong. Because with Lance at least it's slightly comprehensible how he became that sociopathic and cocky.
Wiggins called cycling fans who doubted him, Bone Idle Wankers and Cunts. They were right. So who is the W****r and wise and beautiful woman now?

Froome is being led by his wife. Sad but true.
 
Jul 10, 2010
697
0
0
https://twitter.com/Digger_forum/status/946790491118501888

Hat off to the the man Brad - Wiggins posting a picture of himself wearing Lance's jersey. Perhaps he does believe his own hype that he has gone through living hell over jiffygate - "what did I do wrong ?" A bit like Lance's comments on the dawg and "I suppose I have contributed to some of the problem" - no Lance, you rest easy, all that cancer-shield stuff you really didn't do becasue you are a scheming snake and knew this was a great way to take advantage of a group of people and use them to hide your nefarious activities out of sight behind them. You are innocent Lance, just a victim of tragic cicumstance, you had to do it.

These people make me sick. Brad knows all about the iconography of the sport and knew exactly what he was doing posting that, but for the long term love in between Lance and Wiggins (and Cav), this is worth a read.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2008/nov/18/lancearmstrong-cycling-tourdefrance-donaldmcrae

It really is an awesome interview that appears totally shocking now nine years later, well worth a read of the whole thing but here are a few snippets.
The Brad love-fest
ON THE MEDIA SUSPICION

DM - Media reaction is going to be heavily laced with doubt - in contrast to someone like Bradley Wiggins who seems very excited about your return to the Tour. [Brad and Mark Cavendish, who won four stages last year, will both be riding hard on the Tour next year]

LA - He's great, a fantastic pursuit rider. Cav [Mark Cavendish] is crazy!

DM - On your last podium in Paris you said you felt sorry for people who doubted cycling and the integrity of yourself and the Tour - and then Ivan Basso and Jan Ullrich got busted?

LA - Egg on my face. Egg on my face. But look at the Brits on the track this year - absolutely outstanding. And still the head of French cycling said their performance 'is not possible'. Give me a break. Bradley Wiggins is the best *** pursuiter of all time. I don't think he cheated. No! He's the most talented, he worked the hardest, he had the best position, he had the most knowledge, he won. So if I could talk to your cycling buddies I would say, 'Just *** relax. We're not talking about God. We're not talking about war. We're not talking about you losing every dime you had. We're talking about bike-racing."

The whole interview is just so awesome. Lance is truly one of the greatest pric*s in a sport that has just so many. Another gem on restest of past Tour samples
LA " They retroactively tested all the samples, for the record, three separate labs tested those samples. One of the experts came back and said the samples were too clean, too clean." At the time Lance would have know that the UCI had been informed by the labs that after the 1998/1999 resteset of the samples, Lance had provided 6 which showed positive for epo and the UCI had just gone for the cover up.

There is a great section where Lance states he is doing his comeback not for himself but for cancer sufferers everywhere. Now we know that he did nearly f all for cancer sufferers but was billing the charity extortinate fees for his own appearances and those of his sychophants who appeared with him on "the behalf" of the charity. That Guardian interview really is "where is that sick bucket" type stuff to read all these years later.

Wiggo - no wonder you have a man-crush on Lance - he is such a role model. That picture was a real FU to digger forum and the like.
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
Re:

Freddythefrog said:
https://twitter.com/Digger_forum/status/946790491118501888

Hat off to the the man Brad - Wiggins posting a picture of himself wearing Lance's jersey. Perhaps he does believe his own hype that he has gone through living hell over jiffygate - "what did I do wrong ?" A bit like Lance's comments on the dawg and "I suppose I have contributed to some of the problem" - no Lance, you rest easy, all that cancer-shield stuff you really didn't do becasue you are a scheming snake and knew this was a great way to take advantage of a group of people and use them to hide your nefarious activities out of sight behind them. You are innocent Lance, just a victim of tragic cicumstance, you had to do it.

These people make me sick. Brad knows all about the iconography of the sport and knew exactly what he was doing posting that, but for the long term love in between Lance and Wiggins (and Cav), this is worth a read.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2008/nov/18/lancearmstrong-cycling-tourdefrance-donaldmcrae

It really is an awesome interview that appears totally shocking now nine years later, well worth a read of the whole thing but here are a few snippets.
The Brad love-fest
ON THE MEDIA SUSPICION

DM - Media reaction is going to be heavily laced with doubt - in contrast to someone like Bradley Wiggins who seems very excited about your return to the Tour. [Brad and Mark Cavendish, who won four stages last year, will both be riding hard on the Tour next year]

LA - He's great, a fantastic pursuit rider. Cav [Mark Cavendish] is crazy!

DM - On your last podium in Paris you said you felt sorry for people who doubted cycling and the integrity of yourself and the Tour - and then Ivan Basso and Jan Ullrich got busted?

LA - Egg on my face. Egg on my face. But look at the Brits on the track this year - absolutely outstanding. And still the head of French cycling said their performance 'is not possible'. Give me a break. Bradley Wiggins is the best **** pursuiter of all time. I don't think he cheated. No! He's the most talented, he worked the hardest, he had the best position, he had the most knowledge, he won. So if I could talk to your cycling buddies I would say, 'Just **** relax. We're not talking about God. We're not talking about war. We're not talking about you losing every dime you had. We're talking about bike-racing."

The whole interview is just so awesome. Lance is truly one of the greatest pric*s in a sport that has just so many. Another gem on restest of past Tour samples
LA " They retroactively tested all the samples, for the record, three separate labs tested those samples. One of the experts came back and said the samples were too clean, too clean." At the time Lance would have know that the UCI had been informed by the labs that after the 1998/1999 resteset of the samples, Lance had provided 6 which showed positive for epo and the UCI had just gone for the cover up.

There is a great section where Lance states he is doing his comeback not for himself but for cancer sufferers everywhere. Now we know that he did nearly f all for cancer sufferers but was billing the charity extortinate fees for his own appearances and those of his sychophants who appeared with him on "the behalf" of the charity. That Guardian interview really is "where is that sick bucket" type stuff to read all these years later.

Wiggo - no wonder you have a man-crush on Lance - he is such a role model. That picture was a real FU to digger forum and the like.
Yes that picture was a huge FU to cycling fans.

Wiggins is definiely unhappy. He would not be posting these things if he was not being eaten up inside by his cheating and this is his way to try and hide that.

Also funny how LA never earmarked Wiggins as a future GT winner. :D
 
Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
Freddythefrog said:
https://twitter.com/Digger_forum/status/946790491118501888

Hat off to the the man Brad - Wiggins posting a picture of himself wearing Lance's jersey. Perhaps he does believe his own hype that he has gone through living hell over jiffygate - "what did I do wrong ?" A bit like Lance's comments on the dawg and "I suppose I have contributed to some of the problem" - no Lance, you rest easy, all that cancer-shield stuff you really didn't do becasue you are a scheming snake and knew this was a great way to take advantage of a group of people and use them to hide your nefarious activities out of sight behind them. You are innocent Lance, just a victim of tragic cicumstance, you had to do it.

These people make me sick. Brad knows all about the iconography of the sport and knew exactly what he was doing posting that, but for the long term love in between Lance and Wiggins (and Cav), this is worth a read.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2008/nov/18/lancearmstrong-cycling-tourdefrance-donaldmcrae

It really is an awesome interview that appears totally shocking now nine years later, well worth a read of the whole thing but here are a few snippets.
The Brad love-fest
ON THE MEDIA SUSPICION

DM - Media reaction is going to be heavily laced with doubt - in contrast to someone like Bradley Wiggins who seems very excited about your return to the Tour. [Brad and Mark Cavendish, who won four stages last year, will both be riding hard on the Tour next year]

LA - He's great, a fantastic pursuit rider. Cav [Mark Cavendish] is crazy!

DM - On your last podium in Paris you said you felt sorry for people who doubted cycling and the integrity of yourself and the Tour - and then Ivan Basso and Jan Ullrich got busted?

LA - Egg on my face. Egg on my face. But look at the Brits on the track this year - absolutely outstanding. And still the head of French cycling said their performance 'is not possible'. Give me a break. Bradley Wiggins is the best **** pursuiter of all time. I don't think he cheated. No! He's the most talented, he worked the hardest, he had the best position, he had the most knowledge, he won. So if I could talk to your cycling buddies I would say, 'Just **** relax. We're not talking about God. We're not talking about war. We're not talking about you losing every dime you had. We're talking about bike-racing."

The whole interview is just so awesome. Lance is truly one of the greatest pric*s in a sport that has just so many. Another gem on restest of past Tour samples
LA " They retroactively tested all the samples, for the record, three separate labs tested those samples. One of the experts came back and said the samples were too clean, too clean." At the time Lance would have know that the UCI had been informed by the labs that after the 1998/1999 resteset of the samples, Lance had provided 6 which showed positive for epo and the UCI had just gone for the cover up.

There is a great section where Lance states he is doing his comeback not for himself but for cancer sufferers everywhere. Now we know that he did nearly f all for cancer sufferers but was billing the charity extortinate fees for his own appearances and those of his sychophants who appeared with him on "the behalf" of the charity. That Guardian interview really is "where is that sick bucket" type stuff to read all these years later.

Wiggo - no wonder you have a man-crush on Lance - he is such a role model. That picture was a real FU to digger forum and the like.
Yes that picture was a huge FU to cycling fans.

Wiggins is definiely unhappy. He would not be posting these things if he was not being eaten up inside by his cheating and this is his way to try and hide that.

Also funny how LA never earmarked Wiggins as a future GT winner. :D
Wiggins publically called L.A. a "lying bastard" in 2013, and appeared on various interviews whining how Lance stole his podium place at the 2009 Tour. Now he is wearing his WC 93 jersey. It seems incongruous, but it isn't. It's just standard doublespeak from pro cyclists.
 
Re: Re:

MartinGT said:
brownbobby said:
MartinGT said:
Really? I can't see past the blinding hypocrisy in almost every single word of this interview....
Oh there's loads of it tbh, but all in all I enjoyed it :lol:
Yeah, most of what he says i agree with, its just that he's one of the last people i think can come out with some of that stuff without it sounding like sattire :lol:
 
Mar 7, 2017
553
0
0
"In some ways, we are detached from it because we're not a professional team, I like the U23s because it's free of all that."

Euphemism alert!

"I'm going to have my say on [jiffygate] very soon."

That nice Mr Fotheringham is ghosting another Wiggo autobiography
 
Perhaps long-forgotten now, but the Jiffy bag investigation is supposedly still ongoing at UKAD believe it or not via the evidence found. That is why UKAD didn't have to release Sky & BC documents under a FOI request about the case after closing the investigation on Sky & BC Jiffy bag, because parts of it was being used elsewhere in follow-up work iirc. This is also why Wiggins months ago said the same thing, that when he is allowed to, he will have his say on what happened. From his recent words yesterday, it sounds like UKAD will now fully close the investigation on him too and Wiggins is then free to talk about it.
 
samhocking said:
Perhaps long-forgotten now, but the Jiffy bag investigation is supposedly still ongoing at UKAD believe it or not via the evidence found. That is why UKAD didn't have to release Sky & BC documents under a FOI request about the case after closing the investigation on Sky & BC Jiffy bag, because parts of it was being used elsewhere in follow-up work iirc. This is also why Wiggins months ago said the same thing, that when he is allowed to, he will have his say on what happened. From his recent words yesterday, it sounds like UKAD will now fully close the investigation on him too and Wiggins is then free to talk about it.
Free to confess his usage of doping products? Doubtful.
 
That was for UKAD to confirm though wasn't it?
I would imagine UKAD could be withholding the FOI after closing the BC & Sky side is in relation to Wiggins more directly, if he's still remaining silent. Remember Wiggins is still suing UKAD I believe, so although UKAD denied the FOI for the Sky & BC data, by saying the release would be evidence and weaken their intelligence for their follow up work to the jiffy bag, it might also be they don't want Wiggins legal team to have it, as some of it might strengthen Wiggins case against them at CAS later down the line.
My personal opinion is less conspiracy-founded though and the information doesn't relate to Wiggins they are holding, but to something else, but because of that, Wiggins can't yet say anything otherwise it would jeopardise a separate case leading on from jiffy bag. Perhaps that Oldham sports supplies shop delivering Testosterone accidentally would be the obvious lead for UKAD to follow up after the Jiffy Bag case. If I was Sapstead anyway that's where I would heading now.
 
Mar 7, 2017
553
0
0
Re:

samhocking said:
That was for UKAD to confirm though wasn't it?
I would imagine UKAD could be withholding the FOI after closing the BC & Sky side is in relation to Wiggins more directly, if he's still remaining silent. Remember Wiggins is still suing UKAD I believe, so although UKAD denied the FOI for the Sky & BC data, by saying the release would be evidence and weaken their intelligence for their follow up work to the jiffy bag, it might also be they don't want Wiggins legal team to have it, as some of it might strengthen Wiggins case against them at CAS later down the line.
My personal opinion is less conspiracy-founded though and the information doesn't relate to Wiggins they are holding, but to something else, but because of that, Wiggins can't yet say anything otherwise it would jeopardise a separate case leading on from jiffy bag. Perhaps that Oldham sports supplies shop delivering Testosterone accidentally would be the obvious lead for UKAD to follow up after the Jiffy Bag case. If I was Sapstead anyway that's where I would heading now.
UKAD have ended their jiffybag investigation. Letters confirming the same have been sent to Sky and BC. UKAD's last action was to refer Freeman's conduct to the GMC but no revelations of interest to the cycling fraternity will come from that. Freeman might get a slapped wrist from the GMC but he's not in Harold Shipman territory

Chances of UKAD looking into the testosterone patches are zero. Remember UKAD do not have investigative powers. They cannot compel any person or entity to provide evidence or even to speak to them. They can only make polite enquires and take what they're given. Anyone up to no good has plenty of time to clean house. Or they can simply ignore UKAD

Lastly Collins is typing up the DCMS doping is sport enquiry report. Can't see him re-opening the evidence stage and hauling the testosterone patches company into Parliament. He at least has powers to compel people to turn up. But as we've seen it's easy enough to fudge your answers to Collins' questions as long as you don't mind looking dodgy as all hell. The lesser of two evils when the alternative is TdF titles and knighthoods returned to sender
 
UKADS own explanation for not releasing the information under FOI after Sky & BC side of the jiffy bag was closed was this "releasing the letters would impede its ability to investigate offences and leave it open to legal action".

So, something is still being investigated and why Wiggins remains silent, but will soon be allowed to speak, even though his side of things are over now. I assume some evidence following on from the jiffy bag investigation exposes the organisation to subsequent legal action from others given their statement. Clearly it is not BC or Sky they are exposed to legally, because they were sent those letters, so it must be either Wiggins, Cope, Sutton or Freeman, or someone else related to the jiffy bag follow on investigation that might be and/or the jiffy bag case is still ongoing with is perhaps able to sue UKAD with if they released the investigation letters?

In light of the above, Wiggins has said a couple of things that seem out of place, unexpected even, given we are told the investigation is over with BC & Sky & him. I would say the legal story has been told from Sky's side, but the real jiffy bag story is about to unfold pretty soon perhaps via Wiggins. I don't think it's PEDS neccesarily, but I do think its related to needles/IV in the package.

1. Wiggins said he is suing UKAD
2. When he does get to finally speak he said "What I have to say will shock a few people"
3. He said that Marginal gains was all rubbish, you go ride your bike, put the work in, and you’re either good or you’re not good.
4. That Sky will destroy you
5. Then the last word he had yesterday when asked about the Froome case was "I'm going to have my say on that very soon".

Now backtrack to Cath Wiggins tweet when Froome story broke:

"If I was given to conspiracy theory, I’d allege they’d thrown my boy under the bus on purpose to cover for this slithering reptile."

Seems a strange thing to say 'cover for' when Wiggins Fluamicil story is 7 years before Froomes Salbutomol story? I know she deleted and apologised, but if I was a betting man and given to Cath Wiggins conspiracy theory, Froome's rise to his 2011 Vuelta breakthrough, when he was on his knees up and down with leaders a nobody just a few months before in Tour de Suisse 2011 the other side of the mountain while all this was playing out in La Toussuire is perhaps the actual story yet to be told here in relation to the jiffy bag and this is what Wiggins relates to when he says what he will say will shock and he will have is say on Froome very soon?
Froome entering mountains in Suisse on 12th June when Dauphine ended was geographically the closest Suisse got to Dauphine at La Toussier. Crans-Montana finish on 12 June is the other side of Mont Blanc. Froome was already not in 2011 Tour de France team, didn't have a Sky contract for 2012 iirc, has said he wasn't being paid a leaders salary at Sky either. Turn the clock forward 12 weeks from Suisse to his Vuelta, who's performance was drastically the opposite to his Suisse performance, whereas Wiggins Tour de France performance was unchanged to his Dauphine performance? What else other than the training camp might explain Froome's sudden change in form?
That is my take on what is about to happen. The story is true, something incriminating is in that jiffy bag, but I think it realates to Froome just over the mountain and Wiggins Fluamicil being in the package was the cover story and the insider who whistleblowed has actually got his story right, but his players wrong.
 
Aug 3, 2010
633
0
0
samhocking said:
UKADS own explanation for not releasing the information under FOI after Sky & BC side of the jiffy bag was closed was this "releasing the letters would impede its ability to investigate offences and leave it open to legal action".

So, something is still being investigated and why Wiggins remains silent, but will soon be allowed to speak, even though his side of things are over now. I assume some evidence following on from the jiffy bag investigation exposes the organisation to subsequent legal action from others given their statement. Clearly it is not BC or Sky they are exposed to legally, because they were sent those letters, so it must be either Wiggins, Cope, Sutton or Freeman, or someone else related to the jiffy bag follow on investigation that might be and/or the jiffy bag case is still ongoing with is perhaps able to sue UKAD with if they knew?

In light of the above, Wiggins has said a couple of things that seem out of place, unexpected even, given we are told the investigation is over with BC & Sky & him. I would say the legal story has been told, but the real jiffy bag story is about to unfold pretty soon perhaps. I don't think it's PEDS neccesarily, but I do think its related to needles/IV in the package.

1. Wiggins said he is suing UKAD
2. When he does get to finally speak he said "What I have to say will shock a few people"
3. He said that Marginal gains was all rubbish, you go ride your bike, put the work in, and you’re either good or you’re not good.
4. That Sky will destroy you
5. Then the last word he had yesterday when asked about the Froome case was "I'm going to have my say on that very soon".

Now backtrack to Cath Wiggins when Froome story broke:

"If I was given to conspiracy theory, I’d allege they’d thrown my boy under the bus on purpose to cover for this slithering reptile."

Seems a strange thing to say 'cover for' when Wiggins Fluamicil story is 7 years before Froomes Salbutomol story? I know she deleted and apologised, but if I was a betting man and given to Cath Wiggins conspiracy theory, Froome's rise to his 2011 Vuelta breakthrough, when he was on his knees up and down with leaders a nobody just a few months before in Tour de Suisse 2011 the other side of the mountain while all this was playing out in La Toussuire is perhaps the actual story yet to be told here in relation to the jiffy bag and this is what Wiggins relates to when he says what he will say will shock and he will have is say on Froome very soon?
Froome entering mountains in Suisse on 12th June when Dauphine ended was geograhovcially the closest Suisse got to Dauphine at La Toussier. Crans-Montana is the other side of Mont Blanc. Froome was already not in 2011 Tour de France team, didn't have a Sky contract for 2012 iirc, has said he wasn't being paid a leaders salary at Sky either. Turn the clock forward 12 weeks or so to his Vuelta, who's performance was the drastically the opposite to his Suisse performance, whereas Wiggins Tour de France performance was unchanged to his Dauphine performance?
That is my take on what is about to happen. The story is true, something incriminating is in that jiffy bag, but I think it realates to Froome just over the mountain and Wiggins Fluamicil being in the package was the cover story and the insider who whistleblowed has actually got his story right, but his players wrong.
Hopefully we will find out the truth wether it implicates or exonerates people. Unfortunately that will most likely not happen without a whistleblower from the inside going public. Maybe Wiggo is the person to do that and maybe not, but one thing is certain, the current processes will not lead us to the truth.
 
Mar 7, 2017
553
0
0
samhocking said:
UKADS own explanation for not releasing the information under FOI after Sky & BC side of the jiffy bag was closed was this "releasing the letters would impede its ability to investigate offences and leave it open to legal action".

So, something is still being investigated and why Wiggins remains silent, but will soon be allowed to speak, even though his side of things are over now. I assume some evidence following on from the jiffy bag investigation exposes the organisation to subsequent legal action from others given their statement. Clearly it is not BC or Sky they are exposed to legally, because they were sent those letters, so it must be either Wiggins, Cope, Sutton or Freeman, or someone else related to the jiffy bag follow on investigation that might be and/or the jiffy bag case is still ongoing with is perhaps able to sue UKAD with if they released the investigation letters?

In light of the above, Wiggins has said a couple of things that seem out of place, unexpected even, given we are told the investigation is over with BC & Sky & him. I would say the legal story has been told from Sky's side, but the real jiffy bag story is about to unfold pretty soon perhaps via Wiggins. I don't think it's PEDS neccesarily, but I do think its related to needles/IV in the package.

1. Wiggins said he is suing UKAD
2. When he does get to finally speak he said "What I have to say will shock a few people"
3. He said that Marginal gains was all rubbish, you go ride your bike, put the work in, and you’re either good or you’re not good.
4. That Sky will destroy you
5. Then the last word he had yesterday when asked about the Froome case was "I'm going to have my say on that very soon".

Now backtrack to Cath Wiggins tweet when Froome story broke:

"If I was given to conspiracy theory, I’d allege they’d thrown my boy under the bus on purpose to cover for this slithering reptile."

Seems a strange thing to say 'cover for' when Wiggins Fluamicil story is 7 years before Froomes Salbutomol story? I know she deleted and apologised, but if I was a betting man and given to Cath Wiggins conspiracy theory, Froome's rise to his 2011 Vuelta breakthrough, when he was on his knees up and down with leaders a nobody just a few months before in Tour de Suisse 2011 the other side of the mountain while all this was playing out in La Toussuire is perhaps the actual story yet to be told here in relation to the jiffy bag and this is what Wiggins relates to when he says what he will say will shock and he will have is say on Froome very soon?
Froome entering mountains in Suisse on 12th June when Dauphine ended was geographically the closest Suisse got to Dauphine at La Toussier. Crans-Montana finish on 12 June is the other side of Mont Blanc. Froome was already not in 2011 Tour de France team, didn't have a Sky contract for 2012 iirc, has said he wasn't being paid a leaders salary at Sky either. Turn the clock forward 12 weeks from Suisse to his Vuelta, who's performance was drastically the opposite to his Suisse performance, whereas Wiggins Tour de France performance was unchanged to his Dauphine performance? What else other than the training camp might explain Froome's sudden change in form?
That is my take on what is about to happen. The story is true, something incriminating is in that jiffy bag, but I think it realates to Froome just over the mountain and Wiggins Fluamicil being in the package was the cover story and the insider who whistleblowed has actually got his story right, but his players wrong.
Sam, that is a genuinely interesting and thought provoking post rather than the usual knee jerk instant rebuttal stuff, thank you (or whoever's hacked your account ;) )

Can't help feeling you've been spending too much time in The Clinic. But that tinfoil hat fits you very well, sir :razz:

Gentle leg pulling aside, I think the flaw in your theory is that the whistleblower was at the time of jiffygate and for a very long time after (far too long) at the centre of things calling the shots. He knew exactly what he was going on when the package was in transit. And he knew exactly what he was doing and why when he blew the whistle

Now the whistleblower's "why" is a really interesting bit of the jiffybag story. And one that AFAIK has not yet made it into the public domain...
 
I don't know, it's a pretty out there conspiracy from me, but that was my thoughts on the Jiffy Bag story when I heard it because I remember realising how close both races got to each other on the Sunday and entertained the idea of maybe watching both races on that weekend in person.
The more comments from Wiggins and UKAD, the more they support my conspiracy lol.
 
In relation to the whistleblower WP, i'm not sure he would have needed to know much. Lets suppose Fluamicil for Wiggins really was in the package, along with other things, but he didn't know that, he only knew there were needles, or Triamcinolone or simply other things against the rules. He then sees Fancy Bears years later, remembers Wiggins being treated on the bus as suspicious and being said to have 'been sorted' as Sutton described it, no doubt it would have looked suspicious and sounded suspicious too. We assume the Bus is locked during any legitimate treatment by Freeman and definitely would be if it was illegal of course, so the same from the outside looking in being told you can't enter, Wiggins is in there being sorted.
Wiggins Fancy Bears leak perhaps, gave the whistleblower the justification he needed to whistleblow and for his story to be worth Daily Mail following through on. Remember the whistleblowers and newspapers claim was not of doping with a specific substance, method or anything incriminating in itself, simply termed 'wrongdoing' happened on the bus. He doesn't know what it was though, or perhaps can't prove what it was obviously, but it's the same suspicion if you believe it was wrong and later thinks he knows what it was because of Fancy Bears hack as it is for something entirely legitimate too.
All along, that package also contains something for Froome failing in Suisse. Remember it was Sutton, Cope & Freeman driving back to the airport iirc (the same day Cope had just arrived?). That drive back to Geneva airport on evening of 12th June takes you within 2 hours of Crans-Montana where Froome is. That would be a 1 hour drive to meet each other where Freeman, Cope & Sutton all are together.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS